Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best buffer - 16" middy?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run a standard A/1-A/2 rifle buffer in my 16" middy. Never missed a beat with a variety of ammo

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    how can that 9mm buff have 3.4 oz. of reciprocal weight if there are only pads in it?
    the buffer body is steel, rather than aluminuminum. weighs boucoup.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the buffer body is steel, rather than aluminuminum. weighs boucoup.
    ok, I get that. maybe the "reciprocal" part is messing me up. all the other buffers list a total weight and a reciprocal weight.

I read it as the movable weights - steel or tungsten - are doing the reciprocating.

if there's no weights in the 9mm buff, what's reciprocating? and why would the weight be different than the total weight?
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    not sure what "reciprocal" weight means in this instance.. i would imagine its something to do with the transfer of energy- which wouldn't require anything to move other than the buffer itself.

perhaps its the amount of weight not absorbed by the action spring- the amount of weight added to the overall recoil of the weapon?

randal has been posting again lately... since it's his picture, maybe we can get him to esplain it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So.. I have a Bushnaster carbine with a non-H buffer, A BCM 16" middie with an H buffer and a BCM 20" rifle length with an H buffer (got the uppers and lowers separately). Maybe I should swap the buffers between the Bushmaster and the 20"? I did stake the key and the castle nut on the Bushmaster and upgrade the extractor spring , etc with a BCM kit. I plan on unloading the Bushmaster on a sucker.

Comments?

Hals1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123