Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A closer look at PSA

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

A closer look at PSA

I've seen threads here on there on completed 'builds' using PSA uppers and/or lowers with final pictures...but never any detail. I've set out to piece together a SBR using a PSA (FN barreled) upper + PSA lower and will update this thread with pictures and details as they become available. Unfortunately there was a mishap and today I received a 16" carbine gassed upper (instead of the 12"). Oh well, Kyle at PSA is great to work with and the 12" is already en route to me. Yes, I know there is grease everywhere. I'll clean the 12" up nice and pretty when it arrives. Please bear with me on the pictures, the wife's fancy camera is a pain in the ass.

While we wait, here's details on the 16"
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/2261.php
    4150 barrel
    Chrome lined bore
    1:7 twist
    HPT/MPI
    F marked FSB
    Taper pins/parkd
    M4 Feedramps
    5.56 chamber
    Arrives with conventional round hand guards, no pics but take my word for it, both have heat shields

What's wrong with this picture

F marked FSB

The other side

View of the chamber, note M4 feedramps are blended nicely into the receiver

View from the bottom, once lower receiver arrives I will get more pictures of fit

My apologies for not getting the barrel markings on this one. I did not have much time to take pictures before I had to get it boxed back up and taken to UPS. More detail to come once the stripped lower, NFA upper, and components arrive and are pieced together. Thought this would be a good basis of comparison for Palmetto State Armory in general since we get a look at a few of their products instead of just one.

ETA: Both uppers were ordered sans BCG, if anyone has detail pictures of a PSA BCG please post them.

rob s: No hard feelings if you don't take any of the above as gospel truth, but maybe PSA at some point could be added to the chart once you confirm for yourself?
    Last edited by munch520; 08-29-11 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't have pics of the complete BCG, but here are some comparing the gas key staking to a BCM BCG. Hope this helps.

BCM on left, PSA on right:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What's up with those gas key fasteners?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I think thats just my poor photography skills. They look fine in person.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is that the PSA premium BIG?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry for the incomplete pic's for the BCG. This is the f/a premium. I paired it with a 16" LMT upper, and using a PSA lower and PSA LPK that I assembled.

At the range for the first time out, full auto and rapid fire was allowed that day. I did 5-30 round mag dumps slowing only to load another mag. I had three fail to fire rounds, which later I traced back to a 200 round bag of .223's that I bought from a guy in a WalMart parking lot off of Craigslist.

After the mag dumps, I put a 12" target with an 8" self adhesive target target in the center at 50 yrds, and using an Osprey 3-9x42 scope I shot another several mags off a Caldwell Jr. rest, fairly quick but not stopping to get the best possible aim.

I have since put another 500 rounds through the gun and have had no problems. Bottom line is I like the gun and the results.

The gun is at my second residence 1200 miles away or I would get better pic's of the BCG.
    Last edited by Hot Holster; 08-29-11 at 18:07.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Is that the PSA premium BIG?
    It's the BCG they ship with the 16" SS middy upper. It has the MP marked bolt, so I assume it is the premium, but I don't know for a fact.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Holster View Post
    ...which later I traced back to a 200 round bag of .223's that I bought from a guy in a WalMart parking lot off of Craigslist.
    You are brave

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    You are brave
    Hey give the guy a break....that ammo probably came as part of the deal with that Osprey scope.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    What's up with those gas key fasteners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan9106 View Post
    I think thats just my poor photography skills. They look fine in person.
    they definitely look different to me too

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Hey give the guy a break....that ammo probably came as part of the deal with that Osprey scope.
    got him. You've got balls man, shooting ammo from a craigslist guy in a Walmart parking lot.
    Last edited by munch520; 08-30-11 at 07:03.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast