Thread: Geissele/MP15-22

Feedback Score

Geissele/MP15-22

Installed a Geissele (2 stage, non adjustable) into a MP15-22 and put 400 rounds through it today. Worked 100%.

Feedback Score
    Great news, thanks for sharing!

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Had seen conflicting reports and wanted to ensure I shared what I found.

FWIW, I prefer single stage triggers except for a DMR role, but it wasn't my MP15-22. I did get to shoot it a lot and see it shot a lot after the install, though, so I know it functions 100%.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    How much are those non-adjustable Geisseles? Did it drop right in? Do they make a similar non-adjustable in a single stage? I'm running a Wilson Combat TTU (Single Stage) in my primary AR but would like something similar in the backup without having to spend all the money. We'll see, I might set the other up as a DMR and use a two stage.

Feedback Score
    See here for BCM's prices on Geisseles:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Tacti...igger-s/47.htm

I installed a SSA and it dropped right in. Very easy, as long as you know how to remove/install standard AR hammers and triggers.

Have seen a few reports about people needing to fit the selector switch used on the MP15-22 to the Geissele trigger. Appears to me to be a variance/tolerance stacking on the pin holes, receiver dimensions, selector dimensions, etc.

Geissle now offers a single stage that is intended for 3 gun use. Have yet to see one in person, or any reports on it.

I have a lot of trigger time with a JP single stage trigger and like it a lot.

How do you like the TTU?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    How do you like the TTU?

I've been very impressed with it. Others that have shot it have been very impressed as well. I don't have much to compare it to besides the mil-spec triggers and Tapco G2 AK triggers that I've used. The crispness of the break and reset are the most impressive.

It's also stupid simple to install. There's no slop in anything once installed and no way the pins will walk, they are much harder to get out than the factory pins were.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    ...Geissle now offers a single stage that is intended for 3 gun use. Have yet to see one in person, or any reports on it.
    As someone who prefers single stage triggers, is this non-adjustable? I'd love a single-stage version of the SSA.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina