Thread: 9MM Carbines

Feedback Score

9MM Carbines

I am thinking about purchasing a 9mm carbine. The ammo is readily available and reasonable in price. My handgun is a 9mm. I was considering the Kel Tec Sub 2000. Can anyone give me some input as to quality and reliability? Should I be looking at a different carbine?

Feedback Score
    personally i would get a ar15 in 9mm...but i do have to say my buddy has one that uses 9mm glock magazines....and it runs like crazy, no issues so far...he swears by it.....i just dont like the cocking handle and the sights are shitty.....but its a lite carbine and shootable and it folds for easy storage.......ive seen them in florida gun shows around $350.......

Feedback Score
    My only experience is with the Beretta CX4 in 9mm but I really like it. I shoot it more than any of my other guns because the ammo is soo cheap. Its easy to customize and I have never had any problems with mine as far as any failures. It breaks down easily and is simple to clean and maintain. Its also totally ambidextrous.

It was also only 600 dollars a few years ago, prices may have gone up over the years. Pretty good value if you ask me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been wanting to get one in .40 cal and have read way too much on them. They seem to be pretty decent with most complaints being the poor front sight. I really wish Blueforce would make their metal sights again. I decided to build a 9mm AR15 SBR upper because it would be compact and I already have a registered lower. 9mm AR15s are much more expensive though. Mines going to be more than my Colt upper was if you add in the price for mag block. I still intend to get a Sub 2000 though since I have thousands of .40 around.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been using a SUB2000 as a multi-purpose backpack gun for the last 7 years and it has been better than I would have ever imagined. Probably shot around 6000-8000 rounds through it. I have cleaned it very little (once every 2000+/- rounds). I've only had a few common minor malfunctions but the gun runs in any weather, hot or cold, rain and dust. In my opinion for the price, you cannot get a better 9mm carbine.
    If you have the cash for the 9mm AR definitely go with that. But if you are on a budget you cannot go wrong with the sub2000. My favorite part is the compact size when you fold it (easily fits into any backpack) and the fact that I can throw my Glock mags in it. Good luck either way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also own a CX4. The first thing I did to it to make it more usable to me was chop the sights off and put a red dot on it. It now has a Vortex strikefire in the low profile mount and it'll smash gatorade bottles at 50yds all day long. I personally prefer the customizing options of the CX4. Mine has been dead nuts reliable for the 1.5yrs I've owned it. I only wish they'd do one thing---make it available in .357sig
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    Given the cost of 9MM ammo and the availability you'd think there would be a bunch of affordable 9MM carbines from different manufacturers readily available. I guess the AR world is so damn hot that everyone is killing themselves to make an AR instead of messing around making pistol caliber carbines. The Beretta is the only 9MM carbine currently made that is reliable enough to own but IMHO not at the price they sell for. I wish H&K would bring the tooling for the MP5 stateside and start cranking out a semi auto version again.
    Last edited by rubberneck; 10-03-10 at 13:46.