Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of Robarm XCR with MIL-STD-1913 rail system

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was trying to be to polite in my previous post.

The XCR is a prop gun. The fact it was even mentioned as a possible replacement for the M4 is laughable and purely a stunt to drive sales. Peace will be achieved in the Middle East before the XCR even shows up at the competition.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post

I got a peek at the new MIL-STD-1913 upper shipping on all new XCR's. I'm glad he made the change. The XCR-M will also be MIL-STD-1913

This only took what? Six years?

It should have never been that way in the first place.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    As an XCR owner, and someone who has put 3000+ rounds through a couple different xcrs, this is what i think it needs to become a viable weapons platform.
    Firstly,
    -Go with 556,6.8 and 545x39 if you want. AKs work fine for 762x39. you just cant reliably feed them yet in AR style mags.

-1/7 bbl twist out of the box, CHF barrels

-Welded ejector+fixed metal shell deflector

-a redesigned/pinned extractor, not one thats held in with a plastic detent. ive had two of mine fly out the gun with the spent casings

-a detent on the front takedown pin instead of those retaining pins that walk out

-a rear takedown pin???!!? no brainer, ive seen the upper pop open from the lower more than a few times when its run hard while dirty.

-Longer upper reciever/rail section going past the gasblock for longer bbl variants. Atleast another 3" of rail would help drastically.

-ambi mag release

-Bolt on side/bottom rails+ checkered underneath would be sweet

-AR style magwell

-Either their new stock or come standard with an AR stock. ACE stocks are garbage.

Alex needs to concentrate on fixing his existing gun so that they actually work, instead of trying to release it in like 200 different calibers that no-one actually gives a shit about. Because right now they are a jack of all trades, master of none type deal. Make the improvements, send out some T&E guns to people like Pat Rogers and get their input on them, and then make it go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12