Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Good shtf Book Suggestions

Feedback Score
    Idk if it qualifies as shtf, but Tom clancy's booms are absolutely awesome.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Day by Day Armageddon...

The next in the series "Day by Day Armageddon: Origin to Exile" is set to release on 09-27-11. Its available for pre-order on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Day-Armageddon...6630206&sr=1-5
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    The next in the series "Day by Day Armageddon: Origin to Exile" is set to release on 09-27-11. Its available for pre-order on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Day-Armageddon...6630206&sr=1-5
    Unfortunately, that's actually a compilation of the first two books, along with some bonus content. Great books all the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Unfortunately, that's actually a compilation of the first two books, along with some bonus content. Great books all the same.
    yeah I see that now, good thing i didn't pre order. Got my hopes up when I saw it...
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Just started reading "Without Warning" by John Birmingham. So far so good. Unfortunately I've been trying to read it here and there inbetween work and it's going very piecemeal which I dont like...Im about 100 pages into it though. Gonna stop bringing it to work and save it for when Im home.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    yeah I see that now, good thing i didn't pre order. Got my hopes up when I saw it...
    They'll be a third next year, Day by Day: Shatter Hourglass.

I finished Without Warning today too, it was good. It was definitely a TEOTWAWKI kind of book, however it focused on the bigger picture really, not so much individual survival. I liked it enough to order the sequel "After America". Also ordered James Rawles newest book coming out next week "Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse". I have mixed feelings about Rawles other 2 books, but I'll give this one a shot. (I work on drill ships and during my time at sea I have nothing else to do when Im not working anyway, so I read a LOT).

Oh also, the book "Lights Out" is now available too. I seem to remember it being well liked but was never available in a paper copy (only via download). Well I threw that in my Amazon cart too...

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I started to read Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse by James Wesley, Rawles last night. So far I am about 5 chapters into it and I have to say that it is a very good book. Much better then Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse . It has the same premise as the first book, as a matter of fact it is almost the exact same "build up". The first thing is that it is much more realistic and it is not filled with the "how to" stuff like the first one was.

Like I said i am only 5 chapters into it but it is a very good book so far and I recommend it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I started to read Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse by James Wesley, Rawles last night. So far I am about 5 chapters into it and I have to say that it is a very good book. Much better then Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse . It has the same premise as the first book, as a matter of fact it is almost the exact same "build up". The first thing is that it is much more realistic and it is not filled with the "how to" stuff like the first one was.

Like I said i am only 5 chapters into it but it is a very good book so far and I recommend it.
    I felt that it was more rushed than Patriots. But a few of the story lines in Survivors were so much better than those in Patriots.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

Ordered mine on Amazon last week, should be waiting for me when I get home next week. Looking forward to it. I didnt love Patriots by any means but I did enjoy it, so Im looking forward to Survivors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
    Ordered mine on Amazon last week, should be waiting for me when I get home next week. Looking forward to it. I didnt love Patriots by any means but I did enjoy it, so Im looking forward to Survivors.
    I just finished Survivors last night. I was unimpressed. I waited to order it until "Book Bomb" day for the author and seldom do I anticipate a book release. I was hyped up... it let me down. Not only was there less information, there were too many fragmenting stories that didn't really have an ending. This seems to be a lead-in book to his next book which would appear to be the struggle against the provisional government. I was disappointed, very disappointed.
    I loved the re-release of Patriots, and must say that I will read the third of his novels, but not with the same anticipation I had to read this one. JWR, you are capable of much better. Focus on one story line at a time and develop each one. Write more novels for each line/region. When you have this many plots in one book you lose detail and story. I kinda felt like I was reading a book of short stories that were broken up and all mixed together.

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast