Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on BUIS

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Question on BUIS

So Ive been noticing over the last few years that more and more people aren’t running BUIS on their AR and solely relying on the optic (red dot,lpvo,etc) is this the new trend? And are they obsolete now? Curious on thoughts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    So Ive been noticing over the last few years that more and more people aren’t running BUIS on their AR and solely relying on the optic (red dot,lpvo,etc) is this the new trend? And are they obsolete now? Curious on thoughts.
    I don't do it. I want that failsafe for when Mr Murphy shows up. YMMV.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I feel it’s better to have and not need than need and not have.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot. I had my Sig Romeo just quit in the middle of a string of fire two weeks ago. Didn't dim out... just quit. Now I know it's not an Aimpoint, and it's on a range blaster, but it was a real eye opener. I'm used to watching pistol RDS fail all the time, but not carbean.

I run NO carbines with RDS only.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Shoot. I had my Sig Romeo just quit in the middle of a string of fire two weeks ago. Didn't dim out... just quit. Now I know it's not an Aimpoint, and it's on a range blaster, but it was a real eye opener. I'm used to watching pistol RDS fail all the time, but not carbean.

I run NO carbines with RDS only.
    Dang... I've not heard of much of that occurring with Sig Rom 5s. Heck. I love mine.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Question on BUIS

Uh oh, something else Mark has added to his shit list?!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Dang... I've not heard of much of that occurring with Sig Rom 5s. Heck. I love mine.
    Odd too. The guys I was shooting with seemed to know that's how the battery goes. Pappabear had a spare handy and it was right back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Uh oh, something else Mark has added to his shit list?!
    Nah. If I buy something like a Romeo, I have no delusions that it is going to be as good as an Aimpoint. Now when those damned Aimpoint PROs and CTOs come out with dead batteries, that's annoying. At least, however, the Aimpoints will give you a last bit of life so you know you need a battery.
    Last edited by markm; 04-05-24 at 13:04.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The only time I use mine is checking zero with whatever ammo, never actually needed them, but they will always be there. Essential kit for me.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    The only time I use mine is checking zero with whatever ammo, never actually needed them, but they will always be there. Essential kit for me.
    Also.. a good way to check that the dot hasn't lost zero. Reconcile it to the irons, and you don't have to shoot it to confirm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There are a lot of people (including trainers) who use an alternate back-up (maybe a smaller red dot) vice irons.

Many who choose not to use a back-up at all are not in the real-world gunfight business where the risk of an electro-optic failing means somebody (not the bad guy) could be shot, crippled, or killed.

Not an actuary or statistician, but there's always risk (which equals likelihood x consequences) -- why, over time, things like seatbelts, airbags, helmets, insurance, reserve parachutes, IFAKs and tourniquets, and/or a handgun might be considered prudent backstops. You don't need any of them -- but when you do you need it now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast