Page 994 of 3296 FirstFirst ... 49489494498499299399499599610041044109414941994 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,940 of 32954

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    What dilemma do you have with the DBAL?

Duff, why do you have a pattern generator over your illuminator on your PEQ-2A, instead of the diffuser? Did the diffuser get lost or fall off? Or is it intentional? Just wondering. Does it have any pattern generating effects when the illuminator is activated?

@Titleist.... Now did you REALLY *shrug* when you read that previous comment? Or are you lying, just like people who type "LOL" when in fact they did NOT laugh out loud? I want answers dammit!
    S/F
    Paul

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It was a mild real world shrug.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Specifically in regards to mounting it forward or rearward...

Forward
    Pros:
    No splash from DBAL illuminator or DBAL aiming laser
    Cons:
    Interferes with my normal firing-grip
    Light/Laser activation is less than ideal

Rearward
    Pros:
    No compromise made to my Light/Laser activation
    No compromise made to my grip
    Cons:
    Significant splash off illuminator with normal firing-grip

There is a good thread on this in the Light/Lasers section

Picture thread:

Trying out the Troy Battle Axe. I was after shorter LOP for shooting with armor
    Sidenote:
    This weapon has a KM2 Vampire head on the Scout. I use the DBAL for IR AIM and the SureFire for IR ILLUM. For my application (shooting out to a maximum of 150 yds), the KM2 is sufficient.
    The rifle I posted earlier has a Scout with the KX2C. I use the DBAL for both IR AIM and IR ILLUM; so I've got it mounted far-forward to prevent splash. This is my dilemma
    Last edited by Glin1216; 06-22-11 at 11:23.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ///////
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-15-11 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glin1216 View Post
    Sidenote:
    This weapon has a KM2 Vampire head on the Scout. I use the DBAL for IR AIM and the SureFire for IR ILLUM. For my application (shooting out to a maximum of 150 yds), the KM2 is sufficient.
    The rifle I posted earlier has a Scout with the KX2C. I use the DBAL for both IR AIM and IR ILLUM; so I've got it mounted far-forward to prevent splash. This is my dilemma
    Maybe it's just me, but I've been pretty nonplussed by how dissapointing the KM2 heads have been. It's such a diffused light that unless it's a really moon-less night it just feels like the ambient brightness just kicks up a TINY bit. Which is a bit disappointing to say the least given the weight and size of the head.

The illuminator on the PEQ-15 has been my go-to IR light source. I'm surprised by how the DBALs can't really get that wide in their throw.

Regardless, good looking setups on both, specifically the first one.

Anyways, pic thread:

Last edited by Titleist; 06-22-11 at 12:10.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    New scope for my 3gun/Recce. Most guys like lightweight rails like the TRX or a Carbonfiber for their 3gun, but the extra weight of the Troy MRF 12in actually balances out my rifle, and helps reduce muzzle flip even more.

Specs:

16in BCM SS410
    Surefire MB556-K
    Leupold Mark4 MR/T M2 SPR Ret. 1.5-5 30mm
    ADM Scout
    VLTOR A5 buffer system
    MagPul ACS
    Troy 12in MRF
    Geissele SD3G trigger

JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Retreat, I got a bunch of these pattern generators from someone at TOS, I was looking for covers for my PEQ-2A. I use them as covers only I haven't used my PEQ-2A in years, I'll find out some answers for you

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Duffy I have a few of those illuminator covers kicking around here if you need any.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    New piece of kit.... it kicks serious ass!

AN/PVS-27 MUNS (Magnum Universal Night Sight) bought a few weeks ago from Victor over at TNVC. I learned last range trip that the PEQ-2A isn't really necessary and I'll likely just use TNVC's "Da Torch" illuminator, which is almost as good as a PEQ's illum (out to a certain distance) and smaller and lighter.

S/F
    Paul

Page 994 of 3296 FirstFirst ... 49489494498499299399499599610041044109414941994 ... LastLast