Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Here's my LWRC and SA PRO:

Still can't do a proper macro shot...

With my Stag and two SA's

Feedback Score
    Ok....
    I'll play!
    Colt RO979 Upper assembly w/Colt FA BCG. I did my pin and weld on the phantom FS. Of course the Aimpoint M68/CCO (Comp M2), a Troy MRF DI with a TLR1 for the light, cut down VFG. I cut the Colt carry handle down for my BUIS. LMT stock assembly attached to a CMMG lower, Lone Star storage grip. Pretty simple and nothing fancy, but she runs and has earned my trust. When I dance with the devil.... she's my date.

Bottom
    Upper I built:
    CMT flattop t-marked, BM M4 Barrel, I pinned & welded the Phantom. Colt M16 BCG, YHM Rails, Cut down VFG, TLR1, Colt carry handle, Colt M4 sling mount on barrel.
    CMMG Lower, LMT stock assembly, command arms stock thingy. SAW grip (of which I don't like).
    Pretty much identical to the top which helps transition to a secondary rifle.
    Also has earned my trust and ready for action.
    Last edited by TheGhostRider; 01-29-09 at 20:30. Reason: Updated hardware
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Feedback Score
    My SP-1 set up. Eventually I want to add a Rock River lower to my LW Upper and keep the Colt SP-1 lower with the HBAR upper:

This is my Rock River flat top upper with a 16" Colt LW barrel, a 3 prong flash hider and YHM folding front and rear sights. The gas block is also from YHM. I plan on adding a Tango Down FVG and a Streamlight TLR-1 to finish things off:

This is the same lower with my Colt HBAR upper installed. The scope is a Tasco 3x9 rubber armored mounted on YHM scope risers. And finally, it sits on a Harris bipod:

"12 ounces of pure titanium & scandium evil"

Feedback Score

Pics of my family, including its newest addition.

Colt LE6920

Bushmaster

Family

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I finally had this carbine rebuilt, this was the first upper I built on my own but mounted on a different lower. It served me well through several classes including the H/V Low Light class in May. A mutt of a carbine built out of used and new parts, took it to the range yesterday to get the Aimpoint sighted in and had no issues with 3 different types of loose ammo from Remington, Winchester and Federal. Upper has seen about 3000 rounds total, mostly Radway Green. I had a rash of type III malfunctions in the first 400 rounds when I first built it but they went away after that.

I decided to make some changes and sent the upper to be rebuilt (when I took the previously mounted Eotech off, the upper receiver was canted). I shipped it off to Randall @ AR15Barrels to have the barrel threaded and brake perm attached as well as disassembling and properly reassembling the upper. Great service and short turnaround (about 2 weeks from when I sent it to when I got it back).

The entry stock w/spacer (KAC P/N 98506) is about the same as a Vltor carbine stock in the #3 position which I picked up used and incomplete on TOS.

Special thanks to Christy at Knight's Armament who sent me a replacement screw and buffer tube spacer at no charge.

I went with the single point sling to avoid using any adapters for the butt stock and for what I intend to use it for I won't be doing any running, jumping or climbing. I added the Redi-Mag since this will be for home defense and I figure it'll be easier to have 56 rounds on board rather than having to grab a mag carrier for extra ammo. Aimpoint was selected so that I could just leave the sight on all the time. I just need to clock some training time with this set up to make it work for me.

The Falcata is subjectively brighter than my 6v surefires so I chose that for simplicity as well as to de-conflict with the Laser Devices visible laser which requires a tape switch. Not sure about the laser, I figure it may have some deterrent value but not sure how much use it'll be in the confines of my house. $60 on eBay so why not?

As for the rest of it, don't remember how much I spent and probably don't want to know

Pics aren't great but best I could do at the range.

It's a little on the heavy side but no worse than when I had a Surefire M900 mounted on the rail.

Components List:

Stag lower w/LPK & ambi safety
    Knight's Armament QD Spacer (P/N98506)
    Magpul MIAD grip w/trigger guard
    RRA Entry stock
    Redi-Mag A1 w/BCE
    Wilderness Single Point Sling

Stag upper
    Colt MT6400C barrel
    Primary Weapons Systems DNTC brake
    G&R Tactical FN BCG
    Badger Ordinance Gen. I Tac Latch

Aimpoint M2

Larue LT150 Aimpoint mount
    Larue LT15-7 7.0 FF Rail
    Larue LT103 BUIS
    Larue LT607 Double Stack Light Mount

Night-Ops Falcata 6V light
    Laser Devices Laser
    Tango Down VFG

Knight's Armament Rail Panels x2 (sides)
    Surefire ladder rail cover (top)
    Last edited by Treehopr; 11-14-08 at 08:18.

Feedback Score

My First AR Build

Olympic arms lower and chrome lined M4 barrel
    Bravo Arms flat top upper
    Mapul miad grip and magazine OD green
    Vltor modstock foliage green
    Badger tach latch charging handle latch
    Aimpoint Comp ML2 redot sight
    ARMS optics mount
    Samson Rail system
    Magpul Rail covers OD green
    Grip pod fore grip with built in bypod

still in transit:
    Arms rear folding back up iron sight
    Arms cantilever optics spacer

New pics:
    Put my new Kimber in a few for good luck

Feedback Score
    My two personal AR'S. The tan one actually belongs to my 12 yo.

The AP was painted in FDE Krylon. It looks lighter in the picture.

Here is the same gun with the AP painted in FDE Cerakote. Way better.

This EOTEC was painted in OD Cerakote.

Work Gun. Bayonet was a joke.

Feedback Score

mine!

Here's mine, it's a spike's tactical lower, stag upper, YHM forend, MI flip up front sight, Matech BUIS, tangodown vertical grip, ergogrip pistol grip, VLTOR modstock, extended takedown pin, ergogrip low-pro rail covers, VLTOR flash suppressor. Optics: shown- ACOG TA01 with Larue mount. not shown- Aimpoint M2 with larue mount, Millett DMS-1 (currently in the process of buying a Larue mount). I built this rifle to train with, basically replicating my work rifle. The PEQ/2A on this rifle is fake, I can't afford a real one, and uncle sam won't let me take my issued one home with me! Hahaha! Well, here are the pics!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    My Frenkinstine build Im kinda going for a retro style but still have the get an A1 or A2 stock.

Page 26 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836761265261026 ... LastLast