Page 3072 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2072257229723022306230703071307230733074308231223172 ... LastLast
Results 30,711 to 30,720 of 32965

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    V.1 & V.2 of my 14.5"s

The evolved V.2 kept many of the same things, but significantly upgraded things at the expense of adding a bit over a .5lb to the end product. I hope my new V.2 turns like V.1 which to date has over 4k rounds through it without a single failure of any kind. V.1 was significantly more KISS with the 300m micro rear sight, Mk4 proto, DD mid pencil barrel, and M300 scout. V.2 in theory should be way more bombproof being a MRP, and more reliable using an E carrier setup, and MRP profile carbine gas 14.5". WL effectiveness, and optic capability took huge strides forward on the V.2. The 1000lumens, and 2MOA/significantly reduced parallax were the most immediate, and noticeable improvements over their predecessors the T-1 4MOA/M300 old scout. Adding a full 600m adjustable rear sight vs. a fixed 300m sight on V.1 is another noticeable gain in capability.

I also made a conscience effort now with this build, and ones going forward to limit as much gas in the face as possible being a lefty especially. So V.2 got the ACH and the E carrier to specifically help address that aspect, whereas V.1 used a BCM standard CH & BCM BCG. We'll see as time goes on. I knew there was a reason why I didn't get an ACH before, and it's because once you do they kinda of ruin you to not having one. Triggers are the same I've found. V.1 still has Ferrari style controls with the SD-3G, FCD bolt catch/mag catch upgrades, and a BAD-ASS 45 throw. V.2 is an unmolested KAC OEM IWS lower outside of MOE + which are perfection imho. I miss the SD style trigger, and BAD-ASS 45 throw....but I like KAC's OEM config. enough due to the trigger feeling more like an SSA-E vs SSA, a super crisp ambi selector, and newer endplate with QD sockets design vs integral ones in the lower on the gen 1 IWS lowers.

Might get an UE tailcap to run a SR07 switch in the future, as well as buying a Super 42 kit. Outside of those two things, I intend to lock this one down. I figured I'd share some of my thoughts on the pic posted
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 03-08-19 at 20:46. Reason: grammer

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    King of the magpul lowers as far as I'm concerned. I've been drooling over your collection for a decade....enough's enough, just send me one already

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    King of the magpul lowers as far as I'm concerned. I've been drooling over your collection for a decade....enough's enough, just send me one already
    I tried that already. Even threatened him. It's not happening.

*Forever alone*
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Playing around with the iPhone. Stripped MARS-L, SOLGW LPK, A5 (BCM/VLTOR), SL, K2, CompM3, Raptor LT, Sionics NP3 BCG.

Last edited by JediGuy; 03-09-19 at 15:29.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Legit. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    I'm not sure about being king of the MPLA, but this one is one of two which was given to me by John Noveske. I have two others which were given to me by Richard Fitzpatrick, founder of Magpul. One of the ones from Richard is a super low digit serial numbered C series lower. The other, as well as the two give to me by John are A series (MPLA).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I tried that already. Even threatened him. It's not happening.

*Forever alone*
    The last offer I received for my personal, lower serial number C series, was 10K. I turned it down. The others may be negotiable, but the C series just seems to enjoy its life where it is.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Big Smith in transition. A rifle RE and retro A1 stock was installed to let me play with different buffer designs
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The last offer I received for my personal, lower serial number C series, was 10K. I turned it down. The others may be negotiable, but the C series just seems to enjoy its life where it is.
    Glad to hear. If I had one I wouldn't let it go for $10k either so I'm glad to hear that you value it as much as I imagine I would. Some things are just more important than the money and, for me anyway those Magpul lowers fit that bill. Unfortunately, being on the outside looking in, make it that much more of a impossibility for me to ever possess.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Snuck out to zero with a new Geissele 1.93” mount (coming from ADM Recon) between downpours this morning.

Page 3072 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2072257229723022306230703071307230733074308231223172 ... LastLast