Page 3213 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 221327133113316332033211321232133214321532233263 ... LastLast
Results 32,121 to 32,130 of 32965

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerDerv View Post
    14.5" faxon pencil pin and weld, darklight magnesium handguard, bootleg bcg, bunch of V7 and 2A armament lightweight parts.

5lbs 8oz no can. 6lbs 3oz with the turbo K.

Nice! How's the balance with the can out front?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Nice! How's the balance with the can out front?
    Lol, you already know it’s horrible. However, it’s the price you pay for using cans.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Lol, you already know it’s horrible. However, it’s the price you pay for using cans.
    Lol, yeah you might be right about that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doesn't have to be. It's just the status quo. The reason is twofold. Nobody will buy a can that's not warrantied for full auto on an SBR, which is absurd. And then hardly anyone wants a can that doesn't have a QD system. That not only adds unnecessary weight in and of itself, but the muzzle device also takes up volume, meaning more can to achieve the same result, and adds useless weight.

ETA: And both of those buying habits are a direct result of how hard and expensive they are to get. If people pay a 200 dollar tax on top of sales tax, that's like 30-50% usually on top of the sticker price, and we won't even talk about the six month to two year wait. So people not only want a can that's going to last forever, they want to have one can for every single gun they own, and be able to quickly change back and forth at the range.

If cans could just be permanent muzzle devices that lived on a gun, or better yet were an integral part of them, the weights would be negligible. The cans I build weigh about 7-10 ounces. Granted they won't last long on full auto, but they'll last as long as a barrel or three on a normal gun. Might have to replace the blast baffle each barrel change or something, but that's no biggie. And if cans could be integrated, the weight could get on par with an unsuppressed gun.
    Last edited by okie; 09-04-21 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Years ago I got a Colt M4 heavy barrel and a dark earth RIS II FSP on the EE and ended up building this very loosely inspired SOPMOD 2 carbine from parts I had lying around.

It shoots great and is famously accurate as the Colt heavy barrels are known to be, but I was never fully happy or inspired by it... So last night I stripped the upper of accessories to sell it off but when I got down to bare upper/rail/barrel it was just so perfect I couldn't sell

So now I need to figure out if better accessorizing can make it work for me. I can't leave the rails bare but maybe go black? Other ideas??

Too much COVID time on my hands

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Years ago I got a Colt M4 heavy barrel and a dark earth RIS II FSP on the EE and ended up building this very loosely inspired SOPMOD 2 carbine from parts I had lying around.

It shoots great and is famously accurate as the Colt heavy barrels are known to be, but I was never fully happy or inspired by it... So last night I stripped the upper of accessories to sell it off but when I got down to bare upper/rail/barrel it was just so perfect I couldn't sell

So now I need to figure out if better accessorizing can make it work for me. I can't leave the rails bare but maybe go black? Other ideas??

Too much COVID time on my hands

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Nice blaster!

Feedback Score
    Perhaps you could try to lighten up the optic and rear sight by using a T-1, T-2, or similar optic, and investing in a KAC flip-up rear sight or a Griffin Armament rear sight.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill.

https://learningfromhistory.weebly.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks like my mother in law's "paparazzi"camera!

Dare I ask which cost more, the AR or the lens in your camera?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 3213 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 221327133113316332033211321232133214321532233263 ... LastLast