Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any one here used quicken will maker 2009?

Feedback Score
    MEga,
    PM sent on a question.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Late to the game, but schedule A and approved...
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    You're fine. I just got another stamp back last week. I only included the Schedule A and I was approved.
    Bringing this back up:

FRAGO:

My app was just returned for not sending in Schedules B and C. FYSA and future use.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Does it matter if the Schedule A contains the lower to be SBR'd when you send it into the BATFE? In other words, SBR lower assigned to Schedule A before sending paperwork, after receiving returned paperwork, or it doesn't matter?

Also, does the Trust have to have possession of the upper or does just the lower go into the Trust?

I am debating on forming a trust to hold all of my firearms or just the NFA items.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Are you referring to the Schedule A? If so, here is how I did mine.

Short Barreled Rifle, caliber 5.56MM, model XXXXX, serial number xxxxxx.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Never heard of a Schedule B or C. I just had an SBR approved a couple of months back and I didn't include wither of those.

Quote Originally Posted by kry226 View Post
    Bringing this back up:

FRAGO:

My app was just returned for not sending in Schedules B and C. FYSA and future use.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For example, my wife and I are the trustees for our RLT trust. Schedule A is the property that we jointly own that we are placing into the trust. Schedule B is the property that I own by myself that I am placing into the trust, and Schedule C is the property my wife owns that she is placing into the trust. If there were more trustees, then obviously, there would be D, E, F, etc.

Best I can understand it, these schedules are important in that should I ever revoke the trust, they articulate who owns said property now that the trust no longer does.

My Schedules B and C are blank.

Also, after studying this a little more, I think I see the issue. In one of the first parts of the trust where the trust is basically defining/naming itself, my trust says something like, "...property in Schedules A, B, and C will be known as trust property..." Thus, if your trust only mentions the use of "Schedule A," then you only need Schedule A. If it mentions other schedules, then you need to include them with the Form 1 or 4, so that the NFA has the trust "in its entirety."

Hope this help some folks. It has cost me at least another few weeks processing time. But now I know better.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score

Whats a few years in jail anyway

I am wondering about all you would be NFA lawyers. Who do you think will pay the price if the BATF approves one of your forms by accident and later discovers a mistake in your self drawn up quickin trust. You will then be in illegal possession of class 3 weapons. Do you trust the guberment that much. Perhaps you all do your own taxes as well even if you own a business. We all know how forgiving the IRS is with US citizens.
    These are big toys guys that you will spend tons of money on over time. Protect yourself an pay someone ONE TIME that does this for a living. Just saying. Good luck.
    P.S. I am not a lawyer.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Please keep your dumb comments to yourself. I highly doubt they will "accidentally" approve it since the BATFE has been told to scrutinize them. I have had at least 4 approvals on my Trust and it was created with Willmaker. Unless you live in a state that has wonky laws it shouldn't be an issue. In fact, I think one of our members did a comparison between a lawyer drawn up one and a Quicken one and they were virtually identical.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I am wondering about all you would be NFA lawyers. Who do you think will pay the price if the BATF approves one of your forms by accident and later discovers a mistake in your self drawn up quickin trust. You will then be in illegal possession of class 3 weapons. Do you trust the guberment that much. Perhaps you all do your own taxes as well even if you own a business. We all know how forgiving the IRS is with US citizens.
    These are big toys guys that you will spend tons of money on over time. Protect yourself an pay someone ONE TIME that does this for a living. Just saying. Good luck.
    P.S. I am not a lawyer.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Some how I knew you would get pissed about this fact. Its not dumb, read SAR. call the ATF. Its pinheads too cheep to pay pepople to do it right that slows it all down. This is a fact. There are other NFA boards that know one hell of a lot more on this topic than anyone here that say the same thing. Sorry if facts hurt.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I did lot of research on this site before I did my NFA trust on willmaker. If I remember right, it is the responsibility of BATFE to determine if the trust is correct. If they approve a transfer to a trust that is invalid in some way, the trustee can not be held responsible for the mistake of the BATFE. I will look for the thread that I found this info in and link if possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast