Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any one here used quicken will maker 2009?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Some how I knew you would get pissed about this fact. Its not dumb, read SAR. call the ATF. Its pinheads too cheep to pay pepople to do it right that slows it all down. This is a fact. There are other NFA boards that know one hell of a lot more on this topic than anyone here that say the same thing. Sorry if facts hurt.
    I had a trust lawyer do the amendments to add my daughter as a trustee on my quicken trust and it took him about 90 seconds to say it was a valid trust.
    Ya' think it might be the increased interest in NFA items that could be slowing the process down?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Generally I go commando so my panties don't wad up. I don't have an issue with your advice, it was how it was presented.
    10-4. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. All the best.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I am wondering about all you would be NFA lawyers. Who do you think will pay the price if the BATF approves one of your forms by accident and later discovers a mistake in your self drawn up quickin trust. You will then be in illegal possession of class 3 weapons. Do you trust the guberment that much. Perhaps you all do your own taxes as well even if you own a business. We all know how forgiving the IRS is with US citizens.
    These are big toys guys that you will spend tons of money on over time. Protect yourself an pay someone ONE TIME that does this for a living. Just saying. Good luck.
    P.S. I am not a lawyer.
    I rarely post anything here, but I'm tossing the idea of purchasing a suppressor for my AR. I've spoken with two NFA Attorneys here in Florida. One wanted $600, and the other $250.

I also spoke with my sister who is an Attorney in Seattle, but has practiced in NC as a DA. I work for the Coast Guard as a Port State Control Officer, and spend alot of time is Code of Federal Regulations and US Code. I came across this: 26 USC 5812,

"Applications shall be denied if the transfer, receipt, or possession of the firearm would place the transferee in violation of law. (b) Transfer of possession The transferee of a firearm shall not take possession of the firearm unless the Secretary has approved the transfer and registration of the firearm to the transferee as required by subsection (a) of this section."

This relieves the burden on the individual and places it on the ATF. If not, they would just do a quick 15 minute check like when you purchase any other gun.

Again I've spent the last week or so looking up information, speaking with different attorneys, and learning as much as I can. I'm going to go the Quicken Route if I decide to purchase it. Just because I have the money to spend, doesn't mean its money well spent. Why would I pay a car dealer $80 to change the oil in my VW when it costs me about 30 to do it?

This is just my $0.02 though, if you want to spend extra on it, then more power to you. P.S. I'm not a lawyer either, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Last edited by cuban11182; 11-27-10 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    Thank you Cuban,
    That is the quote that I remember from when I was doing my reasearch. It was that quote that convinced me that I could create my own NFA trust using willmaker, save the lawyer fees and still be legal.

Feedback Score
    You are very welcome.

I have the itch to pick up the Suppressor, but I need to wait and see if my voluntary deployment goes through. The dealer I've spoken with has a Liberty Constitution in stock. If I don't hear anything soon, I'll jump on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kry226 View Post
    Bringing this back up:

FRAGO:

My app was just returned for not sending in Schedules B and C. FYSA and future use.
    Bringing this back up for update: Application returned to me for corrections on 22 Nov. Schedules B & C sent back to NFA on 23 Nov. Approval and stamp received 2 Dec. That's a turn around of less than two weeks from correction to approval, including snail mail time.

In total 114 days, with corrections, from initial Form 1 mailing to stamp received.

Bottom line: if your trust mentions any schedules, those schedules must be sent to the NFA for a complete trust.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234