By way of background:
I'm not a huge fan of the four rail picatinny type forends as I view them as unnecessarily bulky, weighty and generally feeling like I'm hanging on to a four sided porcupine. The rails while serving a purpose, are generally additional real estate that is not needed in many instances. Your mileage may vary but thats my feeling. That said, I'm stuck in certain situations with a four rail design and nothing I can do about it. However, on my personal sticks...whole nuther subject.

Once I was introduced to and tried the JP forends (previous to the Troy forend arriving on the scene) I knew that it was a great product and was the answer to my prayers. That said, when they get loaded up with rail pieces, they too can get weighty. But at least one could attach mission essential components where one wanted them and wouldn't be stuck with the obligatory 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions nor the excess "rail" estate. So why not direct mount the goods and avoid the additional weight caused by rail pieces? Well simply, none existed before now...

So another answer to my prayers came onto the scene: IWC's products for JP and Troy VTac forends (as well as the new Magpul MOE forends). I recently tried the new IWC Quick Detatch (QD) limited rotation "Mount N Slot" sling attachment point. I've attached a few pictures of this product and just a few comments to this unique and long overdue kit. My hat is off to the IWC Team for seeing a need and responding to it.

Top view of previous setup using short rail piece and Midwest sling attachment:

Another view looking from top/front view to rear:

The componentry of the old 7 piece set up (note the female QD sling attatchent point is actually 3 parts):

Illustration of the old setup minus the sling attached (note the height and bulkiness):

Illustration of the weight of those 7 parts:

Illustration of the height of the old setup:

Now for the new IWC QD setup as delivered in their packaging along with the tools to assemble the unit:

The IWC parts minus the packaging and tools (Note the IWC unit is only 3 parts TOTAL):

Illustration of the weight of the new IWC parts in grams:

Illustration of the height of the new IWC parts:

The comparison shot of the old setup versus the new IWC mount:

And finally the IWC setup mounted solo:

On top of all that, cost of my old set up to include the JP 2" rail piece and Midwest QD mount was $68 give or take a nickel versus $30 for the IWC QD Mount. I for one appreciate IWC addressing a long standing need. Based on what I've seen so far, I expect good things from this company.