Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New product for JP/Troy VTac fans...

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    That's some good kit. Waiting for someone to come up with a light mount that pulls the light in closer to the rail.
    "S/F"

"Every man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H.L Mencken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And here's me, who just today ordered an upper with a VTAC TRX rail and thinking if only there was a better solution to attach a sling than what I ended up with on my SPR, which is exactly what your "old" setup is. Smaller, no places to snag, lighter, simpler, less expensive... thank goodness IWC started making these!

Ordering.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSoldier View Post
    That's some good kit. Waiting for someone to come up with a light mount that pulls the light in closer to the rail.
    Weeellllllllll.................hold tight. I expect that your wish may soon be granted. Expect a direct attach mount for Mini-Scout, TRL/M300 & G2/6P in the next four weeks or so. I think you will like what you see. I did.

And yes it will fit the holes of the Troy TRX and the slots of the VTac Extreme.

You can get in line right behind me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    Weeellllllllll.................hold tight. I expect that your wish may soon be granted. Expect a direct attach mount for Mini-Scout, TRL/M300 & G2/6P in the next four weeks or so. I think you will like what you see. I did.

And yes it will fit the holes of the Troy TRX and the slots of the VTac Extreme.

You can get in line right behind me.
    I was at the gun show in Publeo CO with past weekend and the IWC guy was there setup with their stuff (to include a couple future prototypes). Very nice kit. Very well made, thought out, and finished. To top it off and heck of a nice guy. I am very interested in the Mini-scout mount for my SBR and a sling mount (for Magpul M2s sling).
    -I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just like good kit.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSoldier View Post
    I have mounted my Scouts on a Danger Close mount right on the top rail. It puts it right at either 1:00 or 11:00 and pretty tight. It's great except that you cannot remove without having to rezero.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    My set arrived today. I got 3 - one each as sling points and one for an index point/handstop on the bottom.

At first I somehow missed the plastic tool strips. I emailed IWC, they responded back quickly on a Friday evening! They offered to fedex me a plastic tool strip the next morning, for arrival Monday AM. GREAT service. I cannot overstate that enough.

I tried using the strip for install, but I found it easier to place the little mounting tab through the slot, then hold it in place with an allen wrench through a nearby slot. That was enough for me to easily hold the nubs to the rail and screw it in.

I checked to see if you could put them in the upper set of slits, but it has to be the side or lower.

I installed the three as such (shot of underside):

Here's a side shot:

And the mandatory full shot, yet fuzzy from the bad cell camera hold:

I am able to hold the front of the rail, with my pinky crushed against the lower stop just fine. If I hold the rail closer to the magwell, my index and middle fingers split over the nub on the side of the rail across from my palm, making for a very secure grab.

Awesome nubs.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I have mounted my Scouts on a Danger Close mount right on the top rail. It puts it right at either 1:00 or 11:00 and pretty tight. It's great except that you cannot remove without having to rezero.
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one of these mount's.
    "S/F"

"Every man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H.L Mencken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MTechnik, I like the idea of using these as an index, especially because they are so light and would be comfortable.

Mine came today so they were shipped quickly. It installed easily in my VTAC handguard. It feels solid and doesn't move a bit.

I plan on installing the other sling mount I bought in a Magpul MOE handguard on my first AR.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm. I need to get busy and order a couple for my VTAC too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I checked to see if you could put them in the upper set of slits, but it has to be the side or lower.
    Thats the beauty of the JP version of the VTac vs. Troy's version. More options.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast