Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has AR15 sales peaked out ?

Feedback Score

Has AR15 sales peaked out ?

A young man was discussing with two men his desire to sell his AR15 for $1000. One said that the black rifles have hit rock bottom prices. The other chimed in that AR15 prices have tanked.

No other place I know could give me a better answer than M4carbine if these men are telling it right or not. What's your verdict ?

Thanks Sage

Feedback Score
    I would tend to agree. When Colt's hit $1099 brand new, your getting pretty low.

Feedback Score
    Prices are low now so it's a buyer's market. Anyone who's planning to buy in the next year probably should do it now or maybe during the holiday season starting Black Friday. As we know supply and demand will right themselves and prices can't stay low forever.

Same goes with selling, it's probably best to hold off now and see what happens next year. No doubt prices will go back up but when we don't know unless one of us has a crystal ball.

And as we all know one good AWB2 scare would send prices through the roof...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Factor in national unemployment levels at just under 10%, many people under-employed, and the economy stagnating you have fewer people are able to afford firearms in general.

An AWB will likely send prices up again, but only if people are able to pay their bills first.
    Last edited by uwe1; 10-15-10 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think the recent surge to "get one before Obama takes them all away" is over, and that's dropped prices considerably. With that said, I believe genuine AR buyers (that is to say, people wanting to buy an AR to shoot, not resell after a ban for a tidy profit) are slowly on the uptick.

Because of this, pricing is back to "normal", or perhaps a little low of normal. Anyone hoping to get $1k out of a DPMS, Rock River, Bushmaster, Olympic, Del-Ton, or such ilk right now is delusional.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Heck I've even noticed some ammo prices coming down in my area, which is almost unbelievable after the last couple of years.

Gun prices are significantly down across the board, and have been dropping throughout this year, from what I can see. I agree that the short-term panic being over, plus the bad economy, are the primary culprits.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Your run of the mill basic AR are a dime a dozen now. The more specific brands like Noveske and KAC are still about the same. I bought my SR15 about 11 months ago, and they are the same price now as then.

Ammo has gone down A LOT. I can't wait until quality brass case ammo like PMC, Prvi, ect are sub $250 shipped and 308 FMJ is around $7-8/20. At this rate maybe early next year?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I think that AR-15s are selling for reasonable prices now.

Unfortunately, if the Dims lose control of Congress in a couple of weeks there is a potential for some lame duck shenanigans. There is also talk that the Obamination is expecting to lose control of Congress and is reorganizing his cabinet to start sending out more executive orders/Tsar rulings to bypass Congress.

I think this might put some upward pressure on prices once word (rumors) get around to the gun stores.

I hope, however, that good quality guns will remain at reasonable prices and ammo will continue to drop so that more people can get good quality ARs and ammo and stop feeding into the un-reliable AR legend that low quality ARs seem to help propogate.
    Last edited by Crow Hunter; 10-15-10 at 07:24. Reason: I apparently have developed dyslexia

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Pretty sure I know the threat you are talking about over on another site. If I am correct I am the one who said that they have tanked.

When you can buy good quality lowers for 65 bucks and DD lowers for just over 100, then yeah the market has really gone bad for sellers.

That reminds me, I need to order a couple lowers from Grant

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Pretty sure I know the threat you are talking about over on another site. If I am correct I am the one who said that they have tanked.

When you can buy good quality lowers for 65 bucks and DD lowers for just over 100, then yeah the market has really gone bad for sellers.

That reminds me, I need to order a couple lowers from Grant
    I heard about the potential for Executive orders on a radio talk show, I think it was Rush but I don't remember for sure.

I hope that it is wrong. Attempting to "rule" by fiat is a bad idea for any country.

I hope we aren't in the new 2nd "Golden Age" of guns that we will be remembering fondly in 20 years wishing we had enough forethought to buy 10 of those "_________". Like we do remembering the pre-1989 and pre-1986 years now. (IF only I had been old enough to buy my own guns then)
    Last edited by Crow Hunter; 10-15-10 at 07:57. Reason: I think I need to go back to school for spelling/grammar

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast