Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Feedback Score
    Would there be any chance of seeing the 130 gr SOST projectile from the Mk319 Mod0 offered in .300 BLK?

Feedback Score
    No chance of that - nor would that work well, but there are custom projectiles under development now for 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

Feedback Score
    Very excited to see purpose made projectiles for this cartridge. Lots of exciting potential. I truly hope the .300 blk becomes a huge success. Personally, I've scrapped all plans for a 9mm SBR. I just don't see the point now.

Feedback Score
    Was there ever a good point for a 9 mm SBR?

About the only way I want a 9 mm in a shoulder fired weapon would be in a suppressed full-auto MP5 and even then I'd prefer a AR15 based weapon...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

About the only way I want a 9 mm in a shoulder fired weapon would be in a suppressed full-auto MP5 and even then I'd prefer a AR15 based weapon...
    Side question, brother, but didn't they at one time make an MP5 in 10mm?

Feedback Score
    Yep. That was kind of my thinking as well. 9mm is for good supression, but it always came at the expense of well, a shoulder fired rifle with 9mm handgun ballistics.

The .300 blk concept seems to offer very good sound suppression but much better range and, potentially, better effectiveness. I know the idea isn't new, but it seems to have some real steam behind it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Yep. That was kind of my thinking as well. 9mm is for good supression, but it always came at the expense of well, a shoulder fired rifle with 9mm handgun ballistics.

The .300 blk concept seems to offer very good sound suppression but much better range and, potentially, better effectiveness. I know the idea isn't new, but it seems to have some real steam behind it now.
    I think the chief reason the 300BLK is better than a 9mm for suppressed use is that it can also fire supersonic projectiles that act like actual rifle bullets. The extra range and reliability from using a rifle type cartridge and bullet with a gas system instead of a straightwalled handgun round with a blow back system is handy as well. With this round it is all about versatility. The only thing it cannot do is long range. Maybe I'll play around with some Sabot loaded 75gr .224" bullets and see what kind of accuracy I can get...
    Last edited by Altair; 02-02-11 at 11:30.
    Advanced techniques are the basics mastered.

Excellence is an art won by training and habit. We are what we repeatedly do. -- Aristotle

Pistol/Shotgun/Rifle Instructor
    Sig/Remington/RRA/Sabre Armorer

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    They are still very loud without a silencer. I am not sure if they are louder than a shotgun or not. If you did not have a silencer you would have no reason to use the subsonic ammo and would want some form of expanding ammo.
    They are still loud, but to my ears not near as loud as a 12 guage. I shot the SBR .300 Blackout with the can off last weekend back to back with a Saiga 12; the Blackout was significately quieter. I would say the blackout without the can is more like a 5"+ barrel 9mm firing subsonics.

I will say this, the subsonic .300 Blackout with a can is the shit in an AR. It would be a perfect replacement of the MP5SD, especially for those who are familiar with the M4 manual of arms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Alternating subsonic 220 grain and supersonic 123 grain Remington factory ammo. I can hear a difference, could easily hear a difference when shooting it, and can FEEL a huge difference. The 123 is a thumper at the shoulder while the 220 is hardly more than a 5.56 recoil. As I watch the video I can not only hear the difference but also see the difference in muzzle climb.

Last edited by rob_s; 02-06-11 at 06:11.

Feedback Score
    So Rob, where is the spreadsheet on cigars?
    You've got all sorts of good info on the AR platform, but your missing the whole 'tactical' cigar write up.

What gives?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast