Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by worldskipper View Post
    So Rob, where is the spreadsheet on cigars?
    You've got all sorts of good info on the AR platform, but your missing the whole 'tactical' cigar write up.

What gives?
    I drink wine, and beer, and whiskey too, but I don't have time to spend learning about them. I just know what I like, and what I like best is free!

People think I can be bought with free gear, but my price is much lower: free vice!
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-07-11 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been reading a good bit about the .300 AAC BLK and looking at a couple of weapons. I also am thinking about going the SBR route. Seems like what I've been reading about this combination is mostly good. If I decide to do this I've about settled on a Noveske 10" Lo Pro W/Vis and also taking advantage of their SBR services. The main thing I'm worried about is the availability of ammunition. Another option would be to get a 14.5" upper to put on my present lower. I could swap out uppers when ever I wanted. Also use it for hunting purposes. I presently have a LMT lower with Geiselle SSA, BCM 14.5 Middy, T-1 and UBR stock. If I went with the 14.5" .300AAC BLK only real difference would be caliber. That was one reason I was thinking about going the SBR route also. Completely new weapon but would limit purpose to mainly SD/HD and short range work. But that is the main purpose of the round/SBR combination from what I've read. Gives you a lot to think about. The versatility of the round gives you so many options.

Feedback Score
    300 BLK is really appealing as an HD caliber addition to my existing AR set-up. I had been considering 6.8 for HD purposes, but at this point, I'm leaning in favor of picking up the lower priced Noveski upper... and waiting a bit for more ammo availability.
    Last edited by DHart; 02-21-11 at 04:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    300 BLK is really appealing as an HD caliber addition to my existing AR set-up. I had been considering 6.8 for HD purposes, but at this point, I'm leaning in favor of picking up the lower priced Noveski upper... and waiting a bit for more ammo availability.
    I think the 300BLK has alot of potential for home defense. HD calls for similar capabilities as an entry weapon for LE and SBR's is where it is at for that application. The 300BLK performs well in SBR's so it seems to be a natural choice. I think the 110 V-Max would be the best projectile for it currently with reduced penetration and adequate terminal performance.

Now I have to figure out the legalities of keeping an SBR for home defense. I think I'll have to put it in trust so I can have my wife's name on it as well. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to use it when I'm not home from my understanding of the law. What a pain...
    Advanced techniques are the basics mastered.

Excellence is an art won by training and habit. We are what we repeatedly do. -- Aristotle

Pistol/Shotgun/Rifle Instructor
    Sig/Remington/RRA/Sabre Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So..... Where do I get the ammo for this? I mean the Remington stuff

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I think the 300BLK has alot of potential for home defense. HD calls for similar capabilities as an entry weapon for LE and SBR's is where it is at for that application. The 300BLK performs well in SBR's so it seems to be a natural choice. I think the 110 V-Max would be the best projectile for it currently with reduced penetration and adequate terminal performance.

Now I have to figure out the legalities of keeping an SBR for home defense. I think I'll have to put it in trust so I can have my wife's name on it as well. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to use it when I'm not home from my understanding of the law. What a pain...
    I have my wife and son listed as trustees for the same reason.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sardo67 View Post
    So..... Where do I get the ammo for this? I mean the Remington stuff
    AAC, Midway, Allen Arms, Houston Armory, Bullseye Range, Clyde Armory - are some I can think of.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    AAC, Midway, Allen Arms, Houston Armory, Bullseye Range, Clyde Armory - are some I can think of.
    Maybe my google skills are lacking today but I can find any on those sites or i can't view them cause I'm stuck using my IPhone till April 8. I did send an email to AAC asking about it as they don't have any ammo listed on their site. I'm looking to buy 2-300 rds of subsonics.

Oh midway is out of stock and backordered.
    Last edited by sardo67; 03-20-11 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    Everyone is out of stock and backordered except maybe Clyde. AAC is getting 300,000 rounds next week but as far as I know, it is already sold out to people who placed orders. It is best to order it to ensure getting it.

https://policeguns.com/catalog/

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=856618

http://www.allenarms.net/

http://www.houstonarmory.com/

http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com/

Feedback Score
    Ammo shipped today to some dealers. Expect to see them listing it next week.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast