Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Novak 1911 8 Round .45 Magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    In my opinion, a 1911 that is 100% functional should work with any ammo that is within specs and any magazine that within specs.
    Whose specs? Every magazine mentioned in this thread has a specification that is different than any US military specification.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I like the Novak's and the Metalform Elites.. No issues with many .. many rounds.. Using them in Springfield Mil-Spec, Springfield GI, Sig GSR, Colt XSE all are 100%!

Feedback Score
    I don't like Novaks, i ran them in my Spring Field TRP/operator and they wouldn't feed.
    but i run the Wilson 47Ds and the gun runs fine, my buddy runs the Novaks in his nighthawk just fine but my gun doesn't like them.
    ACADEMI Firearms, Tactics and Driving Instructor
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT part-time armorer
    certified HK/BUSHMASTER armorer
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim2L View Post
    Whose specs? Every magazine mentioned in this thread has a specification that is different than any US military specification.

That's a good question. "Within specs" was a poor choice of words on my part, so thank you for pointing that out to me.

I meant to say a gun that is properly built and is 100% functional really should work with any of the decent quality magazines on the market. That's pretty vague still ... oh, well.

Feedback Score
    I have only ever run the WC 47D's in my 1911. I have encountered no problems.

But I suggest you get them while someone has them on sale, and buy in bulk!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123