Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Insoles Do You Use?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

What Insoles Do You Use?

Just like the title says, what insoles are you running in your boots?

Also, I think it would be great if you put down what type of usage they are getting (soldier on his feet all day, cop walking a beat, blue collar guy on his feet all day, white collar guy that walks around the office building twice a day) and how often you are changing them out for new ones.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have flat feet. They really suck. However, I used New Balance's Flat Feet Insoles for my basic training (on your feet all day, road marches from 2-10 miles) and they really helped with preventing knee, ankle, and shin pain.

Only issue was, they were not made for the boots so my toe-box became too small. This resulted in my toe nails getting all jacked up. If you have flat feet, I'd highly recommend them. I have a pair in all my serious use/duty boots.

http://www.amazon.com/IFF3900-New-Ba.../dp/B002ITMW7A
    Last edited by Kchen986; 10-13-10 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    Green Superfeet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOSU View Post
    Green Superfeet.
    +1 for Green superfeet. I have tried all their colors and green worked the best for me. I'm on my third pair, they could last longer (I change them every year) but I have nasty Infantry feet and I like to replace them.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Superfeet are like $500 orthopedic inserts. I have both.

Superfeet make all kinds of inserts. Green are the standard for boots. Light blue if you need a lower profile to fit in your boot / shoe.

Check them out. I use them in athletic shoes and work boots, hunting boots....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used Gr Superfeet for a long time and found the insole part to break down very quickly and the heel cup often lifts the heel out of the boots natural heel cup.

I now use Montrail for some running shoes and the SOLE brand for all my serious boots, climbing, hiking, ice climbing and tactical and the SOLE brand cups the heel great and the insole part lasts dramatically longer than the Superfeet.
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 10-14-10 at 03:44.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOSU View Post
    Green Superfeet.
    This. I change them every year.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I know this is one hell of a necro-post, but its exactly what I was looking for. You guys that have used/are still using the Superset Green, what's your arch like? I've seen a few places that they are for high arches which I don't have, but I need something ASAP for my Garmonts because I have a 12 miler in a week and they destroyed my feet a month ago.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran across this thread several months ago and purchased a green version.
    My arches are very high so I thought the green would be a nice way to save money over custom insoles.

Well IMO the greenies are a big waste of money.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I know this is one hell of a necro-post, but its exactly what I was looking for. You guys that have used/are still using the Superset Green, what's your arch like? I've seen a few places that they are for high arches which I don't have, but I need something ASAP for my Garmonts because I have a 12 miler in a week and they destroyed my feet a month ago.
    I have done quite a bit of research on boots/running shoes for proper fitment and so forth. Superfeet and SOLE are the recommended insoles. Also a tip I found out I wish I had known while I was still in is to cut a very minimal bit off the front of your insoles so it allows them to ever so slightly slide back and forth instead of your feet, helping prevent blisters and hot spots. Also, get Darn Tough socks and never look back, ever. Best god damn socks I have ever owned. I wish I had them while I was in too. Amazing.

What I have read about the green Superfeet is half say only for high arches, and the other half say they are great for low arches/flat feet. I had normal arches when I enlisted and when I got out I was told I had flat feet.

Why are you rucking so much?
    Last edited by Endur; 04-16-16 at 07:44.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast