Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Insoles Do You Use?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    "Green" Superfeet also have too much lift under the heel for most footwear and they raise your heel out of the boots heelcup causing you to lose much of your boot's built in lateral heel stability, thus undermining your boot.
    I had similar experience with both my Asolo and Merrell boots. Additionally, the plastic that houses the Superfeet insole cut into the sides of the liners of my boots. Now, all SOLE.

I wear boots all the time, so it's everything from normal office days to suddenly having to jump over to Range 15 for 16hrs or fly out to 29 Palms for a 10-day evolution. I don't have a shoe with a factory insole in them, any more.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOSU View Post
    Green Superfeet.
    This. I change them every year.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I know this is one hell of a necro-post, but its exactly what I was looking for. You guys that have used/are still using the Superset Green, what's your arch like? I've seen a few places that they are for high arches which I don't have, but I need something ASAP for my Garmonts because I have a 12 miler in a week and they destroyed my feet a month ago.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran across this thread several months ago and purchased a green version.
    My arches are very high so I thought the green would be a nice way to save money over custom insoles.

Well IMO the greenies are a big waste of money.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I know this is one hell of a necro-post, but its exactly what I was looking for. You guys that have used/are still using the Superset Green, what's your arch like? I've seen a few places that they are for high arches which I don't have, but I need something ASAP for my Garmonts because I have a 12 miler in a week and they destroyed my feet a month ago.
    I have done quite a bit of research on boots/running shoes for proper fitment and so forth. Superfeet and SOLE are the recommended insoles. Also a tip I found out I wish I had known while I was still in is to cut a very minimal bit off the front of your insoles so it allows them to ever so slightly slide back and forth instead of your feet, helping prevent blisters and hot spots. Also, get Darn Tough socks and never look back, ever. Best god damn socks I have ever owned. I wish I had them while I was in too. Amazing.

What I have read about the green Superfeet is half say only for high arches, and the other half say they are great for low arches/flat feet. I had normal arches when I enlisted and when I got out I was told I had flat feet.

Why are you rucking so much?
    Last edited by Endur; 04-16-16 at 07:44.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    I have done quite a bit of research on boots/running shoes for proper fitment and so forth. Superfeet and SOLE are the recommended insoles. Also a tip I found out I wish I had known while I was still in is to cut a very minimal bit off the front of your insoles so it allows them to ever so slightly slide back and forth instead of your feet, helping prevent blisters and hot spots. Also, get Darn Tough socks and never look back, ever. Best god damn socks I have ever owned. I wish I had them while I was in too. Amazing.

What I have read about the green Superfeet is half say only for high arches, and the other half say they are great for low arches/flat feet. I had normal arches when I enlisted and when I got out I was told I had flat feet.

Why are you rucking so much?
    Already on the Darn Toughs, they're all I wear. It's weird, I've never really had blisters or problems with my feet until the last month. And I'm in air assault school right now. We had to do the 12 as a pre-req then last week's 6 and Friday's twelve are both mandatory. Then I'll have to keep it up as I prepare for other stuff down the road.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Besides SOLE check out Shock DR. I've moved away from green superfeet and haven't looked back. Merino wool socks are where it's at and Darn Tough are GTG and have a lifetime warranty....
    SF

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does Darn Tough have a sock like Smartwool's PHD line? My feet sweat and I found have the thick material only where needed works really good for me.

One problem I have with insoles is that all the manufacturers are making them long and wide. A lot of the current stuff, especially if it is made in Europe, is narrower down the sides. Putting insoles in them changes the entire way they fit.

Feedback Score
    I like the Superfeet Orange-- they're the same as the Greens, except there's padding in the forefoot area.

I used to get horrible blisters backpacking with weight until I started wearing Fox River X-Static liner socks under my wool socks. Did a week in the Colorado mountains and didn't get one blister the entire week. I'm a believer.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Does Darn Tough have a sock like Smartwool's PHD line? My feet sweat and I found have the thick material only where needed works really good for me.
    Let me know if you ever find a positive answer to this question. Those are my favorite socks, but they do eventually wear out.
    Last time I signed one of those White House petitions it resulted in an almost-daily helping of SPAM in the inbox of that account. Worse than even the NRA. And Piers Morgan never did get deported....
    -Hmac

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast