Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What Insoles Do You Use?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Fellas,

Never thought Superfeet worked well, and I used to be a pretty all or nothing SOLE devotee. Recently, I tried these Lynco/Aetrex sport insoles and I'm liking them better than anything I've tried before.

They are very supportive, but not so stiff as to not conform to the shoe or boot, and they can still be cut and fitted without a problem.

The models vary, allowing options of a posted arch support and a metatarsal pad depending on what you need. I really can't rave about them enough!

http://aetrex.com/lynco-orthotics/me...o-sport-series

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...cs%2Caps%2C202
    Last time I signed one of those White House petitions it resulted in an almost-daily helping of SPAM in the inbox of that account. Worse than even the NRA. And Piers Morgan never did get deported....
    -Hmac

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Super feet have always worked well for me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a pair of blue super feet in a pair of Merrill's. Both were purchased over 5 years ago and I still wear them everyday. They don't look as nice but they still function. As far as the super feet, the only thing worn out about them is the printed logo on the top. I chose the blue because I felt the green was too aggressive for my feet. The blue is the same shape as the green but with thinner material. I've had quite a few others including some custom ones but I never thought the blue ones would still be around.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ok I was not a fan of the greens. Too much going on for me. I don't want any thinner because I don't know if they were even cushioned enough, but the arches were way too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My feet, knees and back are a mess from the army. I use the inserts from good feet. I've never felt this good since I ets'

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Ok I was not a fan of the greens. Too much going on for me. I don't want any thinner because I don't know if they were even cushioned enough, but the arches were way too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasn't a fan either. I've had several kinds including the SOLEs that are talked about. The super feet in my opinion aren't very cushioned. I don't think their design was to be cushioned. They rely more so on your shoes cushioning ability. Their main thing is support. They keep a certain bone in front of your heel from dropping too far, causing your arches to collapse, leading you to over-pronate. This certain feature also helps keep your arches from aching, keeping your body in a better aligned position, taking stress off your knees and lower back. Most people, including myself, will say they feel like they're walking on a hard knot right in front of their heel. It takes a little time to get use to it but that's how they support you feet. Eventually to don't feel it anymore. Greens feel like a larger knot, blues feel like smaller knot...
    The SOLEs support more of the actual arch of your foot through a semi flexible frame. They are definitely more cushioned and, if I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I'm wrong), moldable to your foot. Heat them in an oven and put them on for a more custom fit.
    There's a lot of pros and cons to each insole. Like most other things we wear, some fit better than others and fit different for other people. The only way to know what works best for you is to try them out. Almost like holsters...... Which I have too many of lol.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio5005 View Post
    I wasn't a fan either. I've had several kinds including the SOLEs that are talked about. The super feet in my opinion aren't very cushioned. I don't think their design was to be cushioned. They rely more so on your shoes cushioning ability. Their main thing is support. They keep a certain bone in front of your heel from dropping too far, causing your arches to collapse, leading you to over-pronate. This certain feature also helps keep your arches from aching, keeping your body in a better aligned position, taking stress off your knees and lower back. Most people, including myself, will say they feel like they're walking on a hard knot right in front of their heel. It takes a little time to get use to it but that's how they support you feet. Eventually to don't feel it anymore. Greens feel like a larger knot, blues feel like smaller knot...
    The SOLEs support more of the actual arch of your foot through a semi flexible frame. They are definitely more cushioned and, if I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I'm wrong), moldable to your foot. Heat them in an oven and put them on for a more custom fit.
    There's a lot of pros and cons to each insole. Like most other things we wear, some fit better than others and fit different for other people. The only way to know what works best for you is to try them out. Almost like holsters...... Which I have too many of lol.
    Appreciate the insight. I guess in the long run I need whatever would be best for my body. Short term, I just wasted additional cushioning so I wouldn't get blisters during a 12 mile ruck.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I start with a Spenco green insert. This is just a piece of foam for cushioning. Then I put the thickest SOLE insert they make on top of the Spenco insert. I have found this combination to work great for any time I will be on feet for an extended period of time.

Also take a look at what type of boot/sneaker/shoe you are using. The intended application it was designed for can dictate how hard or soft the sole is.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    Also, get Darn Tough socks and never look back, ever. Best god damn socks I have ever owned. I wish I had them while I was in too. Amazing.

Why are you rucking so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Already on the Darn Toughs, they're all I wear.
    Which Darn Tough socks are you guys using/recommend?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run the Superfeet in most everything I wear. I know they are hard, however, if you spend $400 in orthotics , they will be firm too. Soft cushion does not support. My boys 17 & 19 want Superfeet in everything they can put them in. When you get used to them, they are best for your feet-knees-back.

I have Alden and Allen Edmond dress shoes. They have strong leather arch support and leather soles. I don't use Superfeet in them. My feet are fine in them 8 hrs standing at a trade show. Cushion based soles and my feet are killing me.

All my Danner and top end hiking and hunting boots have Super feet. I'm a fan but you have to find what works for you. But give the Superfeet a solid try before ditching them. Some people wear for a few hrs a day while they adjust.

Best of luck.

PB

Now I have to check out these damn socks. I'm worried this is going to cost me.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-03-16 at 13:09.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast