Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturmgewehr -- The Storm Rifle!

Feedback Score
    Great write up.

Feedback Score
    Any body make a MKb-42 (H) wall hanger?
    4k to rich for me but might be interested in a de-activated version.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 10-14-10 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Great read and pics. I didn't realize these rifles proliferated like that.

Thanks for the lesson.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Army Chief, you can indeed get Serbian Prvi Partizan 7.92x33mm. It's actually not stupidly expensive ...
    I could have gone on in blissful ignorance for quite some time, had you not bothered to shatter my preconceptions with that information.

Not objectionably-priced at all, really. Not by contemporary standards, anyway. Most interesting.

AC

Feedback Score

Sweet rifle

Lol "wanderwaffe"
    Really enjoyed the back story, super informative
    hope that i could get the chance to shoot one one day. I have heard that it is the bomb.
    America - Unmatched since 1776

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    someone is re making these but there not out yet I just looked at their site but for the life of me I cant remember who it was right now.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The company is Sport Systeme Dittrich in Germany, which is now dba as HZA Kulmbach GmbH (English-language link). Granted, I can't recall the specifics of the U.S. importer arrangement, but this is where the rifles are actually coming from. They are built every bit as well as they look, but do not come cheap.

AC

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    It's safe to say that the Germans were at least 25 years ahead of everyone else by War's end.

Absolutely!

Take a look at the first picture I posted, the one I took while up at Aberdeen; the MKb-42(H) and the StG-44 with the 1.5x optic on it.

It's 1945 and the Germans are issuing a select fire assault rifle with a 1.5x Zeiss optic. You won't see that in the US for another 55 years.

The Germans had the concept, the British, Belgian, and Soviet forces learned the lessons that the Germans taught and came up with weapons that fired an intermediate cartridge, suitable for modern warfare. The US military brass didn't learn a damn thing until the adoption of the M16 in 1965, fully twenty years later.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ever since I was a kid I've thought that the Stg 44 was a damn sexy rifle. That was a very interesting read Templar. I may have to look into one of the repros after my next deployment and have a little play money

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Incredibly good wright up. I will own one of these. If anyone has any good leads please message me.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast