Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has AR15 sales peaked out ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    The bottom line is if you do not currently own an AR, but are thinking of buying one, now is the time to buy!
    It had to be now, when I'm on a budget so I can pay for a wedding and honeymoon in two months.
    Last edited by QuadBomb; 10-15-10 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadBomb View Post
    It had to be now, when I'm on a budget so I can pay for a wedding and honeymoon in two months.

You could take her to the gun range for the honeymoon.

Being serious, about everything is bottoming out. People have racked up too much dept and now they've either lost their job or had benefit cuts. If you have a secure job now would be the time to make a purchase of an expensive item. But then again, who has a secure job now?
    Last edited by Tomahawk_Ghost; 10-15-10 at 12:31.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    All guns sales have slowed. We still sell a fair bit of ARs, but he used ones are sitting for quite a while.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    this is a great time to invest in metals, whether it be gold, silver, brass, lead, 7075 aluminum or 4140 chrome moly steel
    Great quote ... and so true!

Feedback Score
    Prices on things people need to buy - food, gas, etc. - are going up and the dollar is going down, and this leaves less money for people to spend on stuff like AR's, sports cars, boats, anything that can be put off or perceived as a luxury. That drives down the prices of those things even when the cost to make them might be going up due to the cost of materials.

Feedback Score
    This is the reason I picked up my S&W M&P15 in Aug from CDNN. I was wanting to wait but the price was just one of those "wont get any better" so I jumped. Thinking about picking up a nice lower just to have in case I want to build one down the road...its win win...either cheap way to get a good lower, if ban does happen I at least have the hardest part to get if a ban is in place.

"Be bold when others are fearful, be fearful when other others are being bold" in regards to financial discussions.
    Last edited by blksn955.o; 10-15-10 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The spike in demand and prices was caused by political factors, namely Democrat control of the House, Senate and Executive. Our fears proved unfounded and the political situation seems to be improving with the Republicans poised to make big gains. I think sales peaked and are heading to a new though probably higher than previous normal.

Feedback Score
    Peaked out?
    Yes a while back.
    Bottomed out?
    Maybe but might slip a bit further. Great time to buy for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For a while you couldnt find primers, powder, ammo. Now that people are able to relax after the election things have slowed in firearms sales, but to a normal pace. As for ARs I think theres an addict born every minute.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMilspecer View Post
    For a while you couldnt find primers, powder, ammo. Now that people are able to relax after the election things have slowed in firearms sales, but to a normal pace. As for ARs I think theres an addict born every minute.
    I bought very little during that time and saved my money hoping prices would drop and that's when I spent. You'd think the buying frenzy created a more addicts and that the steady pace would be a lil higher than before.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast