Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Has AR15 sales peaked out ?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Here is some decent prices for ya guys !! I know,,I know they aren't BCM,,or Colt,,or DD,,but get your buddies together and buy a bunch,,LOL !!! I have built several AR's using the LRB Uppers & Lowers,,all went together fine & are holding there own in 2 of my rifles & no ill effects !!! http://www.lrbarms.com/ And on another note,,I just listed my Bushy that I have had for a long time in a Local Swap sheet,,ya know the drill,,sell one to buy one,,, its a visious cycle !!! I also am seeing lots of AR's in my Local shops,,alot more than even 3 or 4 months ago ! If I'm lucky with my sale,,,I can feel a New Colt in my future !!! I'll keep ya posted !!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    I disagree that it was unfounded. I regard the Dems as very unpredictable and dangerous and very competent, at least in forcing through legislation, all too competent. I feared that RINO Republicans would jump ship and give the Dems the votes they needed. They rammed a bunch of ugly stuff through and might have rammed a gun bill through. I still think we dodged a bullet. When the bullet is coming at you your fear is very well founded. The fact that you succeed in dodging the bullet does not make the fear unfounded.

I follow the politics pretty closely and I regarded it as anything but ridiculous. I regarded the threat of a new AWB or worse as very real. In retrospect it may seem ridiculous but in prospect it was all too credible.

I think an AWB in the comming lame duck session is unlikely only because the Dems will fall just three, two, maybe even one vote short in the Senate. That's cuttin' it pretty close, ya'll.

I personally participated in the panic buying, purchasing several firearms, some less than highly desirable, knowingly paying too much. I calculated that if my fears came true they would be well worth the inflated price and if my fears did not come true I would be much consoled that I still had my freedom. If I had to do it over the only thing I would have done differently is to pay the even higher prices for more desirable stuff. I don't regret paying too much, I was well aware I was paying "too much" but did not want to be caught short as I was back in the day when new machine guns could be transferred to citizens. Then I could have bought the four machine guns I wanted for four months pay, about $5K or $6K. Now, the same four guns would cost a years pay even though I now make a lot more money.
    Lets put things in proper perspective.

We didn't 'dodge a bullet'. There was no AWB2 introduced, written or even proposed. The closest we came to it were some statements on the Obama transition website, and a few off the cuff remarks by Holder - a man with absolutely ZERO power or authority to create an AWB.

Now, if they had introduced and voted on one, and then lost by a few votes, then, yes we would have dodged a bullet - but that didn't happen.

Feedback Score

it's all politics

C4 Grant said it well, retail sales are soft for ARs. This will trickle up to the MFGRs who will do like Smith did, rebates and mags. This has to affect the higher end guns because 95% of AR shooters are not wanting to spend a lot now that the craziness is over so price points matter.

There were smokin' deals on Smiths to move inventory, and instead of price cuts there will be promotions, though some dealers will want to unload slow moving inventory; I bought my new Colt 6940 for a grand a couple of months ago. Shoud have bought two!

So keep an eye on the forums for announcements of promotions on all items.

Feedback Score
    Frankly I think it's a buyers market for just about anything these days as a side note, but yes, I do think the market and a lot of manufacturers made leaps and bounds in progress due to people buying guns at an unprecedented rate out of panic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We didn't 'dodge a bullet'. There was no AWB2 introduced, written or even proposed.
    Anti-gun bills are introduced in every Congress. Do you think the Brady Campaign has been hibernating? Has the Violence Policy Institute been on a 20 month vacation? Not to mention Executive Orders. Which, I fear, we are going to become all to familiar with come the next couple of years.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 10-18-10 at 14:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Anti-gun bills are introduced in every Congress. Do you think the Brady Campaign has been hibernating? Has the Violence Policy Institute been on a 20 month vacation? Not to mention Executive Orders. Which, I fear, we are going to become all to familiar with come the next couple of years.

Sorry, I don't deal in melodrama. Give me a bill number that I can look up on THOMAS and we will talk.

Feedback Score
    I was at a gun show in Melbourne, FL this past weekend. I heard a guy tell his friend that a $750 Bushmaster was exactly like his...except he sold his for $175 less. I'm not in the market for a Bushy at the moment. But I would be for that price.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    I was at a gun show in Melbourne, FL this past weekend. I heard a guy tell his friend that a $750 Bushmaster was exactly like his...except he sold his for $175 less. I'm not in the market for a Bushy at the moment. But I would be for that price.
    That is just what I pad for my Bushy!
    in 1997!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345