Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Thread: How to make a Kydex holster Picture Tutorial

Feedback Score
    I am new at this also but have done about 5 now. After reading ALOT! I always wrap the empty mag with about 3-4 wraps of masking tape so it's good and tight then put mag with tape in the gun as a precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelug View Post
    I am new at this also but have done about 5 now. After reading ALOT! I always wrap the empty mag with about 3-4 wraps of masking tape so it's good and tight then put mag with tape in the gun as a precaution.

sound advise.

crappy cell pic of a 1911 RTI holster

0515141741 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone have any tips on bending the holster edges that the eyelets are set in and where your mounting hardware goes?

I'm a very slim body type so my holsters need lots of curve to fit my waist. What I've been doing is completely shaping the holster, setting the eyelets, and then using a heat gun to heat the mounting areas to form to my waist. I end up bending it so much that I lose retention and the previously neat, flush edges are no longer flush.

This is one of the most useful threads I've seen.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Finish the edge after bending, leaving a little material to remove. This will allow you to sand them flush and then treat your edge however you wish.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    _MG_6064 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Got a new way to attach the fabric. It works 100 times better. Now can do multicam, Kryptek highlander and mandrake.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Finish the edge after bending, leaving a little material to remove. This will allow you to sand them flush and then treat your edge however you wish.
    Thanks! Should have been able to work that out on my own but I kept thinking that wouldn't work for some reason. Tried it tonight and it worked perfectly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Okay, here's my 2nd attempt. First one didn't come to too well. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would block out the ejection port and clear the mag releases so one can swap mags in the holster.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks Orionz06, think I should junk this one or could I just carefully heat up the ejection port area?
    As for the mag release levers I guess I just thought you would want them covered to prevent them from getting bumped by mistake.
    I still have another full sheet of the .060 so if u screw this one up I can try again.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You could probably relieve it as is and pull the slide out to push the kydex to the same shape.

Bumping the mag release and releasing a mag is really hard to do, I have never seen it actually happen nor has anyone I shoot with seen it. There is of course a risk for it but that style of mag release mitigates that risk anyway.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast