Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 1911 Product Line

Feedback Score
    To be clear and fair, I own another Cold (Gold Cup Trophy) that will shoot circles around just about anything and has never malfunctioned. I have had it for about ten years.

I think what happens is that quality tracks the economy; people cut corners to save costs, and this is what happens.

If I were going to buy a Colt now, I would probably not buy a brand new one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlshooter View Post
    I really don't want this to turn into a Colt-bash session, but I bought a NIB Colt Lightweight Government Model, which was a brand new SKU for them, earlier in the year. I took it to the range and got one shot out of it. The slide blew past the slide stop, and the pistol seized up completely. I had no way (aside from banging it on something hard) of getting it back into battery.

I was just sick.

I purchased it at a gun show, and I should have listened to my instincts at the time. The magazine already had rust on it and scraped inside the mag well because it just didn't fit well. The problem was that the pistol just LOOKED so good.

The gun show vendor took it back, but it took some finagling.

"That's Colt's problem. It's under warranty."

"There's nothing they can do to this gun to make me trust it, so you work it out with Colt."

I ended up spending half the money and bought another Glock from him after he took it back and credited me for the purchase.

I think my grandfather would be rolling over in his grave at the quality of Colts now. It was all he would own in an automatic.
    I had the same problem with a stainless XSE this year. I took out the FLGR and put in GI parts (which I prefer). It fixed the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12