Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BCG Lube?

Feedback Score

BCG Lube?

I am new to the ar and was wondering what kind of lubricant i should use on the bcg.

Feedback Score
    I'm not an expert, but I know that this doesn't have to be a difficult choice. Anything that provides lubricity and stays where you put it will work. The most important parts to lube are the bolt, the cam pin and any of the "shiny" surfaces on the BCG. Lubing the whole thing won't hurt of course.

I don't like Breakfree CLP because it evaporates even when the gun is not being used.

Edit: I'm assuming you are looking at using some type of oil. Some people like grease, but I've never tried that.
    Last edited by QuadBomb; 08-31-10 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    29 (97%)
    try Silp2000, I have been using it for about 6 months and It works great, they say its good for 1000 rounds before you need to re apply but I do it every 250-300. its really thick and stays in place unlike breakfree CLP, but like the other guy said, anything that lubricates will work
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Semper Paratus AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Mobil 1
    Last edited by rychencop; 08-31-10 at 14:43.
    “If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”

Feedback Score
    Mpro7 seems to work good...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    we haven't had a good lube fight in a while.. this oughtta be fun.

i'm currently using Mobile 1 0w20 to lube after cleaning.. heavy application to all interior metal parts, wipe with oily rag to outside steel parts.

i then re-lube during firing with a mix of 0w20 and PB Blaster penetrating oil. it relubes and helps break up the mud.

just what i'm currently doing... i change my lube types and methods about every 6 months, it seems... and my guns always run. so in other words- just make sure it's oil, and it's wet.

ETA- the only stuff i've found to be detrimental to function is thick oil additives, like Hyperlube.. thought i'd be smart and add some of that to a batch a made a while ago.. seemed like it would add some sticky viscosity, but all it did was turn into paste in the gun.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 08-31-10 at 14:55.

Feedback Score
    I clean and lube everything i own with BreakFree CLP.. Appears to be working well so far and stays where i put it. Next will be FP10, Heard it is a little thicker which CLP wouldent hurt to be a tad bit thicker

Feedback Score
    I use FP-10. Liberal application on the BCG. Somewhat high viscosity (the thicker the oil, the longer it will last on the weapon) and it doesn't evaporate.

Feedback Score
    I have heard good things about Mobil 1. I use machine gunners lube. I did not have to buy it. LaRue Tactical always gives it to me in orders. I even have gotten a big bottle of it and not just those little ones. I use breakfree clp also . . .
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    Mobil 1 synth 5w-20w same oil I use in the truck, same in my wifes car I even put the stuff in the lawn mower if it needs it.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast