Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRP MAGWELL MOD, FRANK GLENN, PHX

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pappabear: I understand that you did this work because the Nighthawk mag bases had a bulky profile that didn't fit the bolt-on magwell, but be careful with those mags. they tend to crack at the rearmost base of the feedlips. I tossed about 15 of them due to this cracking in a 9 month period
    Last edited by theJanitor; 10-20-10 at 11:09.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That shiny exposed Silver has been like that for years with no issue. All he did was change the angle of the bevel on the well to accommodate my other mags. Thats all I asked him to do. He can do a full-on Mag well and blend to frame if asked.
    Not too worried about the bare metal, I'd be more upset at how sharp the transition is from the magwell cutout to the sides. Those front pieces look very sharp.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There is nothing sharp in there. Very smooth. I just shot it, then came back cleaned and ran some blue over it. The transition area is smooth and just about spot on.

Yea, I have never been impressed with those Nighthawk mags. I was more concerned about the 10 rounders form Chip, I have those all over- Including STHF bag.

I have to say, they guy did exactly what I asked him. Its no Wilson or Pro job- but its what I requested done. I had decided if it sucked, I was going to do the full replacement. Thats not going to be the case at this point.

pb

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    personally, I have never been confident in 10rounders in my SHTF bag. I use 10 rounders all the time, and they run great in my customs, but i have seen them give so many problems to others, that I'd stick with the 7/8's.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12