Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-Gun Fun in VA ***PICS ! ! !***

Feedback Score
    I guess I need to work for September then.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    I'm gonna try to make the Sept. match at Black Creek. Provided work isn't too heavy, I'll be there. Not sure what rifle I'll shoot, though. I can't really replace the .308 ammo, so I don't know about the FAL. I think the AR will be running well enough for it, but I will need more mags and maybe some more ammo. I also have a pistol cal. carbine that is set up for it, but the mags need testing first, and it would be better if there wasn't a long stage for that. I'll just have to see what goes. So, Blackscot, will I see you there? Anybody else?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well, BC3G this past Sat. was about as brutal as can be imagined, with the heat index at like ten thousand something.......

This being only my second match all year was plainly evidenced as well by heavy frustration from the 80-yard mini-poppers and lolli-poppers on Stage 1.

Felt considerably better with the closer-up Stages 2 and 3, knicking a couple of no-shoots along the way -- which I hate doing -- but otherwise fairly smooth. All equipment also performed flawlessly.

Was amazed this morning seeing the scores that several others did actually worse than me on Stage 1 (which I can't figure out, since I almost totally bombed that one). So with the help from Stages 2 and 3, I ended up 16th out of 26 total.

I'm not out to beat anybody, but it does bug me that I couldn't clear all those hard-to-see'ums, which had I done so would have put me a lot further up the list. This is one of the things competition is good at though: showing what you need to practice on. I continue to be best at pistol, shotgun, and close-range rifle, but will be practicing the longer-range sniper-type rifle shots. And after doing so.......[arnold] I'll be back. [/arnold]

Probably not for Sept. though, which will be the "pre-conn" match, as a warm-up for the NC Reconn match in Oct. The requirement here is that you carry everything on your person for the entire match, i.e. all three guns along with all ammo, mags, etc......everything. I'm just not prepared equipment-wise -- or probably endurance-wise -- to take this on. There'll be no Oct. at BC3G because of the NC Reconn, so Nov. will be my next chance to get even with the mini's and lolli's. Hopefully I'll be deadly by then......

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Almost VA !, Moyock NC actually.

I wish I could have shot the 3gun match at Black Creek. We did shoot the multi-gun match at Blackwater which was fun and we only got rained on at our very last stage (shotgun/pistol). Scores aren't out yet but I think I did okay.

Here's some pics. I forgot to get some shotgun pics.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Team VA Arms ! ! ! Great pics.

I was flying solo Sat. and couldn't get pics. Mrs. Blackscot wasn't too keen this time on the prospects of coming along as photo-journalist. Spent the entire day at home with the AC on volume 10.

I was amazed that after BC3G some of them were going down to Blackwater the very next day. Gluttons for punishment!

Feedback Score
    Gotm4, great pics. Did you get the o-ring info I sent you?

I didn't know the Sept. match is a preconn match. I have the equipment, but I'm not sure on the endurance, either. I spent most of the first six months of this year laid up due to surgeries in Feb. and May, so my endurance is still not up to par. I may just have to bow out on that one. Only problem in Nov. is hunting season has my Saturdays really busy as most folks don't find out that their guns don't work until they pull the trigger and hear a click. Then they want it fixed "right now", so I stay busy through the seasons.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Gotm4, great pics. Did you get the o-ring info I sent you?

I didn't know the Sept. match is a preconn match. I have the equipment, but I'm not sure on the endurance, either. I spent most of the first six months of this year laid up due to surgeries in Feb. and May, so my endurance is still not up to par. I may just have to bow out on that one. Only problem in Nov. is hunting season has my Saturdays really busy as most folks don't find out that their guns don't work until they pull the trigger and hear a click. Then they want it fixed "right now", so I stay busy through the seasons.
    Yes I got it.

Blackwaters Sept match is the 3rd Sunday of the month (I think with a side shotgun match). I've been making it down there for about 4 IPSC matches or so a year and all of their bigger matches like Paper & Steel (mix of IDPA & USPSA) and the IDPA matches (Blackwater Shootout).

Check out www.blackwatershooters.com and www.defensiveshootersconfederation.com

I plan to do some deer hunting this year as well but down in Augusta Co (first week of the season).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    ......I didn't know the Sept. match is a preconn match. I have the equipment, but I'm not sure on the endurance, either. I spent most of the first six months of this year laid up due to surgeries in Feb. and May, so my endurance is still not up to par. I may just have to bow out on that one.....
    'Fraid my only excuse is in anticipation of hitting the half-century mark this coming Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    .....Sept is the 3rd Sunday of the month (I think with a side shotgun match). I've been making it down there for about 4 IPSC matches or so a year and all of their bigger matches like Paper & Steel (mix of IDPA & USPSA) and the IDPA matches (Blackwater Shootout).
    This is for Blackwater, correct? BC3G is the last Sat?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    This is for Blackwater, correct? BC3G is the last Sat?
    Yes, I thought he was talking about Blackwater.

Feedback Score
    BC3G is Black Creek 3Gun and it is the 4th Saturday of the month. I've never been to Blackwater's match. Actually, Sunday is easier for me to make than Saturday. The only problem is that too many Sundays away pisses the wife off since it's my only day off.

Gotm4, I looked at the Blackwater site. What is the pistol classifier? I've only done the 3-gun at Black Creek once. Is the Blackwater shoot going to be too high speed, or can some newb to the game like myself go and not get too embarrassed or run off? I been shooting CAS for a few years, so I can be safe on the range w/loaded weapons, I just would probably be kinda slow, and since the local range doesn't allow high speed practice, miss a few pushing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast