Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M16A3/M16A4 contract for FN

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    Somehow that factoid, if true, has eluded me all these years.
    It's correct. The Air Force has no business whatsoever being the primary contract-holder on a tool of the ground combat element.

Had they remained in charge of it, use of the thing for more than 4hrs would require crew-rest periods, and they would cost $600 million each.

These days, those jokers can buy OTS so much more readily, as a branch, than anybody else...it'd be disgusting if the rest of us weren't so damned jealous over the fact. Hence, the reason why the corporate AF has so much oddball stuff. Somebody on the crapper with an ADS catalog.....

I've no clue as to who might still feel the need for no-shit A3s, these days, but calling for more A4s is simply in order to replace losses. The AAOs haven't changed.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m39nut View Post
    Are the M16s making a comeback or is this just a blip on the radar? I thought that everybody was going to the M4 and M4A1.
    Much of 3rd ID, at least till 2006 when I got out, was still issued the M16A4. During the invasion of Iraq only officers and senior NCOs had M4s. Then during my 05 deployment some more M4s came and most NCOs had them.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    It's correct. The Air Force has no business whatsoever being the primary contract-holder on a tool of the ground combat element.

Had they remained in charge of it, use of the thing for more than 4hrs would require crew-rest periods, and they would cost $600 million each.

These days, those jokers can buy OTS so much more readily, as a branch, than anybody else...it'd be disgusting if the rest of us weren't so damned jealous over the fact. Hence, the reason why the corporate AF has so much oddball stuff. Somebody on the crapper with an ADS catalog.....

I've no clue as to who might still feel the need for no-shit A3s, these days, but calling for more A4s is simply in order to replace losses. The AAOs haven't changed.
    Don't lump us all into the same group with aircrew. Funny though.

True about the OTS, but the problem is the douche with the Impac doesn't know what he is ordering and generally orders crap. That is changing.

All the M16A2's I've been issued when we were still using them, all FN.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345