Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minimum amount of ammo?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For me never under 1k would be my minimum. Anything above that use for training, plinking, defense, etc.

I always keep in mind there will come a day when the Commie/Libs will launch an all-out assault on these guns and the ammo for them, if not all guns/ammo in general. So have what you need and stockpile it while the sun is shining and all is well. There may come a day when you just can't get the stuff, at least not without paying dearly for it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It was a 1k for me, but with going to the range everyweek for the last six months I have depleted most of that. I haven't been able to buy in bulk because of my travel schedule. I'm forced to buy at the range I'm shooting at for that week. I don't want it sitting on the porch and plus my wife bitches about carrying it in.

I really need to do another big purchase! Single boxes cost to much
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    5.56mm: 1000 rounds of mix M855/M193 for training and 500 rounds of TAP T2 for SHTF

.308: 200 rounds of Federal American Eagle for training, 200 round of 175 grain FGMM and 200 rounds of 168 grain TAP/AMAX for SHTF

9mm: 1000 rounds mix of 147/124+P Gold Dot for SHTF

45ACP: 500 rounds of 230 grain Gold Dot

These are just bare minimums. I'm thinking of switching away from TAP T2 to the SSA 77 grain OTM due to increasing scarcity of the TAP.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Grant is prety spot on for a TEOTWAWKI.

Personnaly I reload quite a bit but am very "green" in that this is modeled for recycle/reloading over and over again. That is practice and in a place where brass is very reclaimable. Typically a few K at a time before reloads.

Training for me is lowered powered russian type ammo. Your old Wolf/Brown Bear. A couple K as well in the event you have a couple training events in close proximity.

Head for the Hills...Factory Ammo - about 3K ready to go in ammo cans. Can grab at least a can on the way out the door or have just in case...This ammo is fresh and sealed. Have fired it years ago but has been "stored" as is defined as reliable, etc.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    For me? Two 840rd ammo cans loaded on strippers in bandos is the minimum--which is where I'm at until I load some more today and place a bullet component order

Forgot I also have 12 mags loaded with 28 rounds each too

Feedback Score
    I could never have enough, However for strictly defense as a civilian, most likely by yourself, If you servived a fire fight that lasted long enough for you to expended 20 well aimed rounds you would be lucky.
    However to feel good save up at least 2,000 for about 3 different cal.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As much as you can reasonably:

1) Afford
    2) Store safely
    3) see one and two.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My personal minimum would be what it takes to fill every single magazine a person owns. For me, that's about 300 rounds.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I think I have settled on a 1000 rounds of SHTF ammo and the same amount of training ammo at any given time. So far I've been stocking up on Speer 64gr GDLE from Grant. I have 600 rds so far. I also have 200 rds of 75gr Tap. I'm going to shoot that stuff up though. I also have 20 mags. I will probably get a few more. 2-3 here and there doesn't hurt the wallet much at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    My personal minimum would be what it takes to fill every single magazine a person owns. For me, that's about 300 rounds.
    That would still be more than 2000 rounds for me...

Jk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast