Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I consider myself a patient man...but c'mon Magpul. RSA?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    A thread to complain that people don't have a product that is still in development? Come on guys, this place is better than this.

I forgot what board I was on for a minute.

People are just getting anxious waiting for stuff that seemingly takes Magpul forever to come out with, and you have to know Magpul is notoriously slow in bringing products out. People want to buy their stuff but may look elsewhere if a product like a sling attachment is going to take years, and people have no idea how long the wait will be. If someone is waiting on Magpul because they want their product they have the right to ask about it. Its our money going to the company after all, and if a company doesn't want to release products in a timely manner then people will simply look elsewhere for a product. We are the consumers here, and I don't owe them a thing including not speaking about their customer support just because its Magpul. They don't do anything for me except offer products I may want to buy, and part of being a consumer if finding out when a product may be able to be purchased, how the company treats customers, ect. Capitalism is a two way street, and Im not going to elevate anyone that wants MY business (money) to some level where they cannot be talked about unless its nothing but praise. Frankly Ive gotten to the point I couldn't care less when they come out with something new. If Im need of a product Im not going to wait on them. Either its for sale or its not. If they want to take 5 years to develop a simple product then thats 5 years of lost sales. I don't know why anyone waits on them.

To be honest Im not sure why lately people get jumped on because they have questions about a particular company or person. Ive seen it twice this week already, and people come here as consumers to ask about certain products, companies, ect. Thats how our economic system works. Consumers get to talk about their experiences with companies, talk about their products, discuss amongst themselves what to buy, ect. Maybe Im mistaken about this board but I dont think it serves solely as a fluff forum for a certain few companies and individuals. If it had been UTG being asked about a few of the responses would have been very different.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 10-23-10 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post

To be honest Im not sure why lately people get jumped on because they have questions about a particular company or person. Ive seen it twice this week already, and people come here as consumers to ask about certain products, companies, ect. Thats how our economic system works. Consumers get to talk about their experiences with companies, talk about their products, discuss amongst themselves what to buy, ect. Maybe Im mistaken about this board but I dont think it serves solely as a fluff forum for a certain few companies and individuals. If it had been UTG being asked about a few of the responses would have been very different.
    Yes.

/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireglock View Post
    Oh my, I now feel properly reprimanded. Do you work for Magpul too?

In truth if Stickman hadn't inserted himself in this thread I would never have posted. His close association to Magpul made his post even more TOS appropriate. His comment was not what I would have expected from a man of his standing. That's all I have to say on this.
    You obviously don't know what the difference between a reprimand and a suggestion is.

But please, try again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh my, I now feel properly reprimanded. Do you work for Magpul too?

In truth if Stickman hadn't inserted himself in this thread I would never have posted. His close association to Magpul made his post even more TOS appropriate. His comment was not what I would have expected from a man of his standing. That's all I have to say on this.
    In truth if immature retards hadn't inserted themselves in this forum I would never have posted. Their close association to BARFCOM has made their posts even less TOS appropriate. Every post I've seen regarding "where is my tactical shoe, wrist band, or hat" is not what I would have expected from people who apparently own weapons. That's all I have to say on this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    this thread needs to be closed its getting out of hand. Theres no need to be going after each other
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As a consumer, I would also prefer that companies not show items that they aren't ready to produce yet. Magpul does seem to be particularly bad about this as there are products I saw at SHOT 2009 that haven't hit shelves yet and we're rapidly approaching SHOT 2011. IMHO this is not an ideal way to release product.

However, from their perspective it's genius marketing. Showing items well before they are ready for prime time, releasing them for photo ops and appearances in class AARs, etc. keeps people constantly going back looking to see if their dream piece is out yet, and in the meantime buying another Magpul product while they wait.

The situation, as bad as I think it is personally, really does showcase Magpul's innovation though. The MOE handguards have been out for what, 3 years now since first showing? Certainly at least 2, and nobody else in the industry has stepped up and produced a viable alternative in that time. Same can be said for the RSA that is the subject of this thread (I know, I've been looking for an alternate, and everything people send me links to as potential alternates are not the same). They did get bit in the ass a little bit with the BAD levers when Travis handed out some prototypes and folks started posting pictures (myself included) on the internet and various copies started showing up, but they kind of nipped that when the production BAD showed up at half the price of the copies.

Like I said, I'd personally rather people show me things they're actually ready to sell me, not something I might, maybe, be able to purchase 2+ years later, but I understand why they do what they do from a marketing standpoint.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    A thread to complain that people don't have a product that is still in development? Come on guys, this place is better than this.

I forgot what board I was on for a minute.
    i know right.
    Maybe they shouldn't announce and catalog a product that's still in development, what 10 months early? And with all due respect I don't see any gears wheels or timing issues to resolve.

I don't work for Magpul, they make some neat shit but they need to get their development/advertising/production in tune.
    what are you, a development/advertising/production expert?

im going to assume that everyone in this thread is an adult in real life.. lets act our age..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetCaseNerd View Post
    Yes, there is zero constructive purpose to this thread. I stepped away from firearms for a short while, to entertain other hobbies.
    First sentence: wholeheartedly agreed, and yet you started a thread, anyway.....interesting choice.

Magpul's plan in no way is required to reflect your own.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 10-25-10 at 13:45.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    2nd attempt....
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123