Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Rifle - Semi-Auto PICTURE THREAD

Feedback Score
    Hit the desert yesterday with two friends. We took turns shooting the SPR. Started at 900 meters (984 yards). This was really hard to see misses through my crappy spotting scope, and there were plenty of misses. It took 15 shots to get on target, then we were at the mercy of the wind gods. I hit 2 in a row once, but was missing about 80-90%. The plate is 12'' circle with 8'' circle on top. Wind was light at full value but always changing which made things tough. Once we felt bad enough we moved up to 760m (831yds). This was more fun and we were missing much less. It was challenging, but not as hopeless feeling as shooting at 900. Once we burned through the "primo" TMK reloads, we moved up to 595m (650yards) and shot some Nosler CC reloads. This was pretty easy shooting, shooting rapidly and getting rapid hits.

Taken with handheld cell phone, pic is terrible but you can see what 16x at distance looks like. This was at 760m(831yds). The target is seen low and right of the crosshairs.

One hit landed on an edge of the plate and spun it / flopped it, causing the lower plate to sag by an inch due to the paracord slipping off of it's spot behind the plate. Normally the paracord is totally hidden from the front view. It is a 1/4'' plate so it moves a lot when hit.
    ETA: Big thanks again to Waveslayer for recommending this poly material to hang the target with instead of heavy chains. We shot it once or twice, and it just left a perfectly nice hole, no cracks or anything. It could be swiss cheese and still hold the plate up.
    Last edited by P2000; 01-27-18 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Hit the desert yesterday with two friends. We took turns shooting the SPR. Started at 900 meters (984 yards). This was really hard to see misses through my crappy spotting scope, and there were plenty of misses. It took 15 shots to get on target, then we were at the mercy of the wind gods. I hit 2 in a row once, but was missing about 80-90%. The plate is 12'' circle with 8'' circle on top. Wind was light at full value but always changing which made things tough. Once we felt bad enough we moved up to 760m (831yds). This was more fun and we were missing much less. It was challenging, but not as hopeless feeling as shooting at 900. Once we burned through the "primo" TMK reloads, we moved up to 595m (650yards) and shot some Nosler CC reloads. This was pretty easy shooting, shooting rapidly and getting rapid hits. One hit landed on an edge of the plate and spun it / flopped it, causing the lower plate to sag by an inch due to the paracord slipping off of it's spot behind the plate. Normally the paracord is totally hidden from the front view. It is a 1/4'' plate so it moves a lot when hit.
    That's awesome. I must admit I've never taken my AR's past 500yds. Good shooting bud. Looks like a lot of fun - except for the wind. I hate the wind.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    you can see what 16x at distance looks like. This was at 760m(831yds).
    Which model Nightforce is that?

Love the paint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Which model Nightforce is that?

Love the paint.
    ATACR 4-16 x 32
    Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I have only been out to 500 yds with my Mk12-ish BCM. The ATACR was a little more than I wanted to spend. I went with the NF 2.5-10x32 which has been very nice. Nice shooting.

Feedback Score
    Desert Tech being well represented !

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Getting pumped ready to shoot this thing in the desert again. It has been too long.

Who makes that cheek rest on your STR stock?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Who makes that cheek rest on your STR stock?
    It is just a sheet of kydex that I cut with a razor and formed with a heat gun. And a dot of adhesive to make sure it doesn't shift.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    SPR build is finally complete, minus an SSA-E upgrade.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    1 of 500 lwrc csass with gg&g bipod, nightforce shv 4-14 with nightforce throw lever and adm mount.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast