Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Rifle - Semi-Auto PICTURE THREAD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Those are looking very nice! Dan, I have never seen a stock like that. Pretty intuitive considering the restrictions. What's the specs on that gun (barrel, bolt etc)?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Precision Rifle - Semi-Auto PICTURE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman2 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to owning an AR-15...shot plenty of M16's and Colt 9mm subs as a LEO. This is my first build which is only a couple of months old. I haven't started reloading for it yet but I can tell you that I can put 9 out of 10 shots within an inch with Federal Match 69 grainer's.

Please forgive the Star Wars Thordsen stock. I live in NY state and would rather shoot it than stash a traditionally built one to make a political point.

Attachment 38997
    Attachment 38998
    Attachment 38999

Dan
    That does look like it came out of Star Wars Dan! Lol
    A good friend told me once, what is the purpose of building/buying a weapon you cannot train with. When the day comes that you need to use it, you're going to be more of a liability than an asset. I agreed then and now.
    Oh btw I just picked up a Thordsen cheek weld pistol stock and I will be training with it also.
    Does the stock take some getting used to?
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Those are looking very nice! Dan, I have never seen a stock like that. Pretty intuitive considering the restrictions. What's the specs on that gun (barrel, bolt etc)?
    * Stag Lower
    *Hipertouch 24 E trigger set at about 2.5 lbs
    * Odin extended magazine release (Because the Thordsen stock places one's hand behind the action, changing the ergonomics)
    *AXTS Ambi 45 deg safety (Ditto)
    * Spike's Carbine Buffer Tube, T2 Buffer and SS Spring
    * Thordsen FRS-15 stock
    *Troy Triggerguard

The upper is from JSE Surplus
    *Wilson Arms 18" Bull Barrel, 223 Wylde
    *Aero Precision Upper Receiver
    *YHM TJ Handguard
    *Warne Skel Mount
    *Bushnell Elite Tactical 2.5-16x42 Scope
    * Standard Mil Spec Bolt

Don't have an exact weight...I figure about 10.5-11 lbs. I wouldn't want to be humping mountains with it.

Dan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    That does look like it came out of Star Wars Dan! Lol
    A good friend told me once, what is the purpose of building/buying a weapon you cannot train with. When the day comes that you need to use it, you're going to be more of a liability than an asset. I agreed then and now.
    Oh btw I just picked up a Thordsen cheek weld pistol stock and I will be training with it also.
    Does the stock take some getting used to?
    Actually the stock handles like a traditional sporting rifle. It's actually very comfortable. You do need an ambi safety though and an extended magazine release is nice as well because your hand is placed behind the action instead of underneath it, changing the ergonomics some. With these minor changes the rifle handles very well. Just space age looking.

Dan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    You have a nice rifle, sir.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Precision Rifle - Semi-Auto PICTURE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by labeef View Post

Built my first one recently. Still waiting on the scope to come so I can try her out!
    That's a very nice looking SPR labeef. What's the specs on it? Did you start with an SPR for varmints? What kind of bipod is that? Haven't seen any like that before.
    One more thing - what kind of glass are you putting on it?
    It's a fine looking AR. Good job!
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-23-16 at 07:46.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a very nice looking SPR labeef. What's the specs on it? Did you start with an SPR for varmints? What kind of bipod is that? Haven't seen any like that before.
    One more thing - what kind of glass are you putting on it?
    It's a fine looking AR. Good job!
    Thanks man! I really like it so far. Here's a few of the main components,
    20" barrel from ballistic advantage
    Geissele smr mk4 15"
    Northtech upper and lower
    Geissele trigger
    Magpul prs
    There's lots more and I can email you the spreadsheet of all the parts if ya want.
    I built it for prairie dogs primarily. The bipod is from vltor and I really like it because it makes the rifle sit really low and steady.
    I recently got a trijicon accupower 4-16 power on sale and have yet to mount it and try her out.

Labeef

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks man! I really like it so far. Here's a few of the main components,
    20" barrel from ballistic advantage
    Geissele smr mk4 15"
    Northtech upper and lower
    Geissele trigger
    Magpul prs
    There's lots more and I can email you the spreadsheet of all the parts if ya want.
    I built it for prairie dogs primarily. The bipod is from vltor and I really like it because it makes the rifle sit really low and steady.
    I recently got a trijicon accupower 4-16 power on sale and have yet to mount it and try her out.

Labeef
    Prairie dogs? Makes perfect sense. I looked at your handle and saw "beef" saw the open ranch-like land in the background of your photo and guessed it was something to do with critters. My best man at my wedding (previous marriage) was from Montana and we used to shoot the prairie dogs on his wife's ranch. Holes are hell on cattle.
    Well you have some solid parts on that AR. I'm a huge fan of ballistic advantage barrels. I have a 14.5 and am waiting for the 18" to get back in stock and I'll be picking up a 10.5 soon. They are great barrels.
    For your first AR you did a fantastic job!
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Prairie dogs? Makes perfect sense. I looked at your handle and saw "beef" saw the open ranch-like land in the background of your photo and guessed it was something to do with critters. My best man at my wedding (previous marriage) was from Montana and we used to shoot the prairie dogs on his wife's ranch. Holes are hell on cattle.
    Well you have some solid parts on that AR. I'm a huge fan of ballistic advantage barrels. I have a 14.5 and am waiting for the 18" to get back in stock and I'll be picking up a 10.5 soon. They are great barrels.
    For your first AR you did a fantastic job!
    The beef part is a long story and goes back to my high school football nickname ha. But yes prairie dogs can be a huge problem for cattle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The beef part is a long story and goes back to my high school football nickname ha. But yes prairie dogs can be a huge problem for cattle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Well it was that or you were fond of French McDonalds. Just kidding LOL. Prairie dogs are an excellent training tool for your medium distance shots.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast