Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Rifle - Semi-Auto PICTURE THREAD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thirteen/autumns View Post
    Nice set up... Where approx. are you located in AZ?

Thank you. The picture was taken in the Sonoran desert national monument BLM land. I live in metro PHX area.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Did you consider having the barrel cut down to 18" instead of 16" or is the 18" tied to the barrel also being stainless?
    No. The original plan was to cut down the barrel to 16" in order to get the shortest length possible without having to eFile and while retaining a rifle length gas system. I'm still undecided between running this as either a dedicated precision or battle rifle. If I ultimately decide to keep it in a run-and-gun configuration then the 16" configuration is optimal for that purpose. If I decide that I would rather keep this as a dedicated precision rig, then I'll consider going stainless with an 18" barrel. But first I've got to get back out to the range and continue to test it and see if I've resolved the gas issue discussed in the dedicated MWS thread.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    But first I've got to get back out to the range and continue to test it and see if I've resolved the gas issue discussed in the dedicated MWS thread.
    That makes perfect sense. Purpose drives everything.
    I'll try to find that thread, I've deal with gas issues on a couple of my weapons, maybe I can help or at least learn something.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

My take on a Rainier arms precision build.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Back in April I posted on here, complimenting someones SPR and said I was waiting for my barrel, BCG and trigger. Well, I have those things now, I even have an optic. So I'm ready to post my pics. I'm working on setting up a range so I can get it out and do some work with it, so I owe a range report. It's exciting to have it finished, because when i built my first AR, a 16" DD barreled outfit, I didn't even have an intention of building an SPR (or another AR for that matter.)

Then I saw my friends SPR and knew right then I needed to build one. (SBR"s, Recce's all came in due time also.) So I had to include a pic of it - it is absolutely one of my favorite AR's period, there is just something about it that I like. (Noveske barrel, Noveske switchblock, USO glass, what is not to like??)

First of all, I am not a stylish photographer capture the nuances of light on a cold winter morn. I just take pictures with my iphone and hope for the best.

I really thought this was a cool pic, bipod deployed in a weird position, but AR laid in nice and true.

Yes, it's A LOT of scope for a 5.56, but I won't have a problem seeing things I want to shoot anyway. And I also may have a different home for that optic someday. Something with a little more reach.

My SPR has evolved a little during the build process. For example, I started out with a SWFA 10x42 Super Sniper scope. Not a bad scope, not bad glass, but I wanted more. The XTR II has zero Much more. Started out with a KAC 2 stage trigger. Wanted to give the LaRue a shot, besides I have other plans for the KAC 2 stage. As most know, the KAC is a good trigger once she gets broken in. THe MBT-2S is an outstanding trigger in every regard. clean, crisp, short take up. In short I like it. I like the price even more.

Here's a quick run down on parts. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

• Magpul PRS stock (Purchased from the forum with the FDE cheek riser already installed. It just kinda all fell together like that.)
    • Aero Precision upper and lower
    • DSG Arms Enhanced LPK (Removed enhanced bolt release for milspec due to bad lever
    • LaRue MBT-2S two stage trigger
    • KNS Gen 2 Mod 2 anti-rotate pins
    • AXTS 45/60 short throw selector switch
    • Magpul BAD Lever
    • Ballistic Advantage NiB BCG
    • LaRue QD LT-104 SPR Mount (Because I had one and I like LaRue mounts
    • Burris XTR II 5-25 x 50 scope (34mm tubes, and it is a tank) with Butler Creek caps.
    • G2B Mil-Dot reticl,
    • Front Focal Plane
    • Zero Stop
    • 1/10 mil adjustment.
    • US Optics Swivel ACD (They gave this thing to me believe it or not.)
    • KAC 0-600 m rear BUIS, KAC Micro front BUIS
    • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 SPR barrel w/ OPS-12, Performance Series (I"m not running the OPS-12 collar and suppressor)
    • AAC 51T Muzzle Brake
    • LaRue Tactical 13.2 rail (Because it is my favorite rail (along with the C4)
    • Magpul AFG2
    • A Gazillion LaRue Index Clips
    • Raptor Charging handle
    • Hogue oversized grip with storage (for my scope batteries)
    • Last but definitely not least, BFG Vickers padded sling (because after humping this a while, I was thankful for the padding.
    • Peleton Tech. notched leg, 9-13" bipod, with pivot and pan. (TipTop)

What you don't see:
    • AAC 762-SDN-6 suppressor.
      My can is still being held hostage by BATF and that is a whole nightmare story in and of itself. (Think gun store owner gets sick, goes into hospital, gun store shuts down. My NFA form 4 now has to be transferred to another LGS and yep, I get to start the process/paperwork ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH again. Heartbreaking. First that the gentleman is so sick, and then the 5 months I had already waited are down the flipping drain. Such is life. Well I got to experience the fingerprints and cool photo app that Silencer Shop has. Silencer Shop did say the ATF had told them they would expedite my application, but I really have no idea what that means.. I hope it means something.

That's it.

I built a chest rig for my SPR, I've got some pics and am thinking about writing a post about it over in Tactical Gear. It's a nice set up.

Thanks for looking.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Someone more experienced than I will confirm, but I am fairly certain that your current lgs absolutely HAS to complete the form 4 transfer, ie the ATF will not give him a choice in the matter, closed store or not.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Someone more experienced than I will confirm, but I am fairly certain that your current lgs absolutely HAS to complete the form 4 transfer, ie the ATF will not give him a choice in the matter, closed store or not.

And if the owner is in a hospital incapacitated? I do not believe he is in the hospital with a minor complications, I think he really really sick. Who would open the store and hand over my can? This is my first suppressor so maybe anyone can do that, but it doesn't sound right. What if he's not physically able to function? If he passes? Who manages the NFA items?
    I will say that there was some speculation there were other more regulatory issues, but I'm going off what Heather at The Silencer Shop told me firsthand. Not sure what she'd gain by lying to me or BATF lying to them about the situation . I'd rather not promote a rumor until I know the facts which all I know is what I've been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    And if the owner is in a hospital incapacitated? I do not believe he is in the hospital with a minor complications, I think he really really sick. Who would open the store and hand over my can? This is my first suppressor so maybe anyone can do that, but it doesn't sound right. What if he's not physically able to function? If he passes? Who manages the NFA items?
    I will say that there was some speculation there were other more regulatory issues, but I'm going off what Heather at The Silencer Shop told me firsthand. Not sure what she'd gain by lying to me or BATF lying to them about the situation . I'd rather not promote a rumor until I know the facts which all I know is what I've been told.

From what I have come to understand, someone who is associated with the shop (ie a wife or co-owner) will have to finish all pending form 3's and 4's, even if said shop has closed. Again, I could be wrong, and have completely misread what I saw.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How loud is that brake? My Griffin m4sd brake made me lose my hearing for a week. Your build looks real nice 👍

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by labeef View Post
    How loud is that brake? My Griffin m4sd brake made me lose my hearing for a week. Your build looks real nice

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks labeef. The AAC Brake is loud and obnoxious. Lol but I didn't want to install something like a Battle Comp just to remove it when I get my can. Of course that was originally supposed to be in Jan (give or take)
    The AAC Brake being a little easier on the suppressor than their 51T FH is the main reason I went with brakes er their FH or their hybrid. But yeah, it's loud. I have one on my SBR as well and It's not a "neighbor-friendly" muzzle device. Lol

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast