Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Optics VS Schmidt & Bender

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    I have been to their sight before, lots of good stuff. Is there any other reputable site that sells uso, sb etc etc?

CS Tactical is a good place to buy. When I was in the market for a scope I talked to Mike there for days through email even at odds hours at night, and even though I didn't end up buying from him he was really willing to answer all my questions. He just couldn't get the particular model I wanted for a couple months while someone had the only one left for sale in the US at a good price.

EuroOptic LTD is another good place to buy from, and they have a good selection.

SB USA is also excellent, and has really good LEO and MIL pricing. If that applies to you buy direct from them because you will get the scope at cheaper than dealer pricing.

Edit: The top 2 are both SB and USO dealers.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 10-25-10 at 16:47.

Feedback Score
    Cool thanks. Also, where does premier rate next to these?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    From what I understand they are also very good scopes. No personal experience with them but everything Ive read says they are GTG on par with the Euro brands.

The USMC is also buying them now in addition to SB.

Id recommend you go to snipershide.com forum, and do some searches in the optics forum. Lots of info on there on the various scopes, user reviews, ect.

Personally Id skip USO and look at Premier, SB, and Zeiss Hensoldt if it were me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    From what I understand they are also very good scopes. No personal experience with them but everything Ive read says they are GTG on par with the Euro brands.

The USMC is also buying them now in addition to SB.

Id recommend you go to snipershide.com forum, and do some searches in the optics forum. Lots of info on there on the various scopes, user reviews, ect.

Personally Id skip USO and look at Premier, SB, and Zeiss Hensoldt if it were me.
    What are your reasons for looking over the USO? Honestly, I am leaning toward the S&B anyway but would like to hear your reasons.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'd highly recommend Scott at libertyoptics.com as someone who is knowledgeable and who will probably give you excellent pricing.

I don't know that he carries S&B but if you're looking at Premier, Leupy, Zeiss or IOR.

If you end up liking USO I'd order direct from them.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    What are your reasons for looking over the USO? Honestly, I am leaning toward the S&B anyway but would like to hear your reasons.

Just based on lots of feedback Ive read which I suggested you go over there, and do your own research to make the best decision for you.

Lots of people are happy with them but if you are going to compare the two then I think SB is going to win with most people.

USO doesn't have any contracts that Im aware of, and all of the other 3 brands mentioned do. Might be a clue...

Feedback Score
    Will do, I have been on that site before and will look further into the topic there. Thank you very much for your responses, it helped alot!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Friends of mine with USO scopes report a high failure rate. I bought a Schmidt from Tac Pro and have had two Premiers. Both good, but the Schmidt is still the best.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Friends of mine with USO scopes report a high failure rate. I bought a Schmidt from Tac Pro and have had two Premiers. Both good, but the Schmidt is still the best.
    Interesting.....What were they reporting?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    I think this deserves some clarification per forum rules.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast