Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US Optics VS Schmidt & Bender

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, that's more than a bit too broad.......
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    USO doesn't have any contracts that Im aware of, and all of the other 3 brands mentioned do. Might be a clue...
    Not a clue. Take a look at what they've actually competed for. There's a difference between not competing and competing and failing.

I know what you're saying and it makes sense but it's not true in this case.

Feedback Score
    Would it be wrong to say S&B is like the Colt of rifles in that every other scope is based or "graded" on the quality of S&B?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    Interesting.....What were they reporting?
    They were non specific, but two friends of mine reported that they kept taking USO optics in trade and experienced various failures in each of them. These are guys that have a lot of high end stuff come through. I will try and get details. I know Grant had an illumination adjustment come OFF a 1-4 USO some time ago as well.

My preference for SB over PR is because the P4F reticle and ergonomics of the SB controls are my preference. I did have a PR get mushy clicks, I'm told that issue has been resolved.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    Would it be wrong to say S&B is like the Colt of rifles in that every other scope is based or "graded" on the quality of S&B?
    No. It's the known standard, being an issue item in many services worldwide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    They were non specific, but two friends of mine reported that they kept taking USO optics in trade and experienced various failures in each of them. These are guys that have a lot of high end stuff come through. I will try and get details. I know Grant had an illumination adjustment come OFF a 1-4 USO some time ago as well.

My preference for SB over PR is because the P4F reticle and ergonomics of the SB controls are my preference. I did have a PR get mushy clicks, I'm told that issue has been resolved.
    PR= Preimier?.....Thanks for the info....Yeah if you could get details about the USO the would be great.

thx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234