Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCAR as precision rifle?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    It is identical to the folding stock, except that it does not fold. And there is not a hinge for it to fold. Everything else, cheek piece, LOP adjustment, etc. is the same.

There is a pic in the SCAR picture thread of a 16S SBR in Desert DigiCam with a fixed stock on it.
    Where would one purchase one of these stocks?

Feedback Score
    That I can't help you with. I would say "Contact FNH", but given their lack of support to us mortals in regards to the 16 and 17S, I can only guess they are not yet available to the masses.

I wish I could be more helpful..............but give it time, I am sure they will release them, and if not, someone else is sure to design an even better non-folding stock, target stock, sniper stock, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It would be with a precision 20 or 22 inch barrel in .260.

Feedback Score
    I can attest to Scars beating up optics for sure. I have a 17s and the first Vortex I had on it would not hold zero at all and actually twisted the reticle. Vortex fixed it for free obviously, but none the less it does beat up cheaper optics. The 17 now sits with a NF and have had no problems. As far as accuracy, with SMK 175g I can shoot 3/4 MOA.
    Last edited by Milgauss223; 11-25-17 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The absolute best I can shoot with my SCAR and my handloads, that shoot just dandy in other rifles, is about 1.5 - 2.0 MOA and that is the BEST I can do with the rifle. The SCAR is NOT a precision rifle.

I also have the G-Trigger in the rifle as well, so the trigger isn't a factor.

Feedback Score
    Scar 17's for example are multi purpose rifle, they serve a wide range of usability and if not can be easily mod to be slight different so it all depends on the user.

Feedback Score
    Couldn't agree more. It has the posibltity of being near and far reaching and 762x51 is easy to come in many variations, where as say, 6.5 creedmoor not so much. Is it a precision 1000 yard gun? No.

Feedback Score
    With 175gr SMK I am getting 1 MOA groups on my better days. I am running a Geissele trigger in mine. I love this rifle. I am hoping to get a 6.5 CM barrel conversion this year.

I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My SCAR17 was far from a precision rifle. It was a 1MOA rifle at best with match loads and even worse it had a wandering zero issue. (with both a CQBSS and NXS F1 3.5-15)

Not to mention the scar system has horrible ergonomics compared to an AR10.

I now own a LMT MWS and feel it's just as reliable and I know for a fact that it shoots much better. And built much tougher. (.75moa rifle w/ match loads and not a single zero shift.)

Only pro of the SCAR (and I mean only) is weight savings. Safety position is horrible. Buttstock is garbage. No forend real estate. And a President Trump shithole trigger that takes $250 to replace. Still not worth it.

**ETA** The SCAR also takes shithole mags.
    Last edited by hypno02; 01-13-18 at 23:41.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, the Mk 20 SSR is out as is the 20S.

Has anyone tried either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast