Thread: tactical solutions ar22 upper

Feedback Score

tactical solutions ar22 upper

just bought a tactical solutions ar22 upper. unit is well built and easy to operate. locks solid on my ar lower. comes with a black dog mag......quetion: has anyone tried or knows if the mp15/22 mags work on this unit. sw mags are easier to load than bd mags. since they have a lever on the side to aid in loading..my bd mag after 15 rnds gets hard to load....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah the BDs are a pain.

This doesn't answer your question, but I'm going to order one and see how it works. http://blackdogmachinellc.net/loader...-products.aspx
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    No, S&W mags won't work. I believe Black Dog is testing a Gen III mag that has the button like a S&W.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You can get a Black Dog mag loader that works pretty well. Not too expensive either - check Midway USA.

My TacSol .22LR upper w/precision barrel just went back to them. It wouldn't reset the trigger in any of my lowers. It would fire and load the next round reliably, just wouldn't reset the trigger.

So they sent me a UPS call tag, and I sent them the upper, the mags, a replacement bolt they had sent me to try out, and a lower with a Geissele Hi-Speed DMR trigger. They are going to tune it all to work together.

I did try the mil-spec style trigger and rounded hammer they recommend but it didn't work either.

Great support from these guys. They stand by their product. When it's done I will have a serious .22LR AR - not a toy. With good optics it should shoot as well or better than a tricked out 10/22.
    Last edited by Left Sig; 11-07-10 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Left Sig View Post
    So they sent my a UPS call tag, and I sent them the upper, the mags, a replacement bolt they had sent me to try out, and a lower with a Geissele Hi-Speed DMR trigger. They are going to tune it all to work together.
    Good to know their support is that good. Keep us posted.

Fwiw, a friend assembled the lower mine is on and he forgot and installed a notched hammer. The result was a very expensive single shot. After the hammer was switched out for a round one it's GTG.
    Last edited by Hersh; 11-06-10 at 14:56.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"