Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New DD 14.5" Mid-Length Setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin118 View Post
    I just ordered the exact same thing myself except with a Battlecomp 1.5. It was simply and offer I couldn't refuse.
    This is the exact build I'm drooling over right now! 14.5in LW middy, hammer forged barrel, with a BC 1.5. BCM doesn't make BFH 14.5in middies, so DD it is. Unfortunately I'm in no position to make the purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all of the compliments, I'll try to answer the questions so I hope I don't miss anything.

How long was the wait from the time you placed the order with Tommy till you received the upper?
    My wait time was a little longer than usual because Daniel Defense was still setting up their equipment to perform the flash hider pinning when I ordered. Daniel Defense is shipping these uppers about 5 days after the order is placed. It's well worth the wait and even at 5 days that's still a lot better than some companies and their wait times.

I just ordered the exact same thing myself except with a Battlecomp 1.5. It was simply and offer I couldn't refuse
    Tommy started selling the BC 1.5 as an option after DD had already started building my upper, but I don't regret getting the Phantom. It's nice and will suit my needs well. I have a BC 1.0 on one of my other guns and it's very nice.

I'll get some weight figures up tonight, so stay tuned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry I didn't get this information up last night, but I was able to get some weight numbers on this new build.

The full gun came in at 6.7lbs with everything on it. I'll drop some weight when I move over to the T-1, but then negate some of that with the Troy sights. Overall I'm still extremely happy with the way it turned out, so much so that it sleeps beside me at night

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's nice to be in love.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whootsinator View Post
    1.5. BCM doesn't make BFH 14.5in middies
    I would wait a few months if I were you...
    Last edited by CQC.45; 10-28-10 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's nice to be in love
    When my wife and I got married she wasn't very comfortable with me having an AR under the bed while we slept, so for a while I comprised with a M&P 40 in the nightstand and kept the ARs locked up. Overtime she's become more comfortable around them and no longer has a problem. I came home from a business trip last week and walked in the bedroom to find "her" AR underneath her side of the bed with the Aimpoint on and ready. It was one of the proudest moments I've had

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARC View Post
    When my wife and I got married she wasn't very comfortable with me having an AR under the bed while we slept, so for a while I comprised with a M&P 40 in the nightstand and kept the ARs locked up. Overtime she's become more comfortable around them and no longer has a problem. I came home from a business trip last week and walked in the bedroom to find "her" AR underneath her side of the bed with the Aimpoint on and ready. It was one of the proudest moments I've had
    It's nice when they stop being "lil girls" and become women aint it? When I and my wife first got together she was like your wife in all respects. These days she's a firearms "power shopper".

Feedback Score
    Awesome build and congrats! That would be the exact setup I would go for in a LW Middy build but with the BC 1.5 instead also...

Stan
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great looking AR There are some good deals out there if you shop around. I agree with the quality of Daneil Defense. I am amazed with the accuracy and ballance of my DDM4 v4 . Good stuff . Have fun shootin.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice rifle. I think I will order a set up similar to yours. I already have a DDm4 and I am really happy with it. I was going to order a BCM 14.5 Midlength upper, but the more I've been thinking this may be a better option for me. The rail set up you have is the 12.0 rifle rail right? That is how it is listed on the websight.I know that it's not the 12.0 FSB. I was just making sure that I was picking the right rail on the order sheet. I sent Tommy an e-mail a few minutes ago. Did you contact him by phone first or did you just fill out the order sheet on the websight?
    Last edited by galaxie500; 10-31-10 at 16:06.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast