Thread: Magpul UBR Strikeplate

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Magpul UBR Strikeplate

I know its popped up a few times in the form of alternate manufacturers and questions about when Magpul would be releasing the UBR Strikeplate. With no fan fare, its on their site and evidently is already shipping to dealers, with some customers already having them in their hands.

Your favorite Magpul dealers should have these now, or be receiving them shortly.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG331/34

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry for my newbness, but whats that used for?

Protect the stock? Buttstrokes?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Sorry for my newbness, but whats that used for?

Protect the stock? Buttstrokes?
    Buttstrokes and a more solid sling attachment point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like it would be very effective at that
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    this was made by some Californian and sells for $35-$40 depending where you buy it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by billdoodoo View Post
    this was made by some Californian and sells for $35-$40 depending where you buy it

... and is not the Magpul UBR Strikeplate.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I may be wrong, but the guy in California designed and made his before Magpul released theirs. I have one on my SBR with UBR buttstock. I got mine in January of this year from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    ... and is not the Magpul UBR Strikeplate.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Love to hear your running a UBR on your SBR....I plan on running a UBR on my upcoming first sbr.

Nice pics stick, thanks for sharing. I just wish magpul would create this exact same thing except with a piece of rail in place of the grooved portion so that I can attach a monopod to it.

Just got another blk UBR in the mail today

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I may be wrong, but the guy in California designed and made his before Magpul released theirs. I have one on my SBR with UBR buttstock. I got mine in January of this year from him.

You are. The strikeplate was designed along with the UBR, and I've had one for a long time. The reason you didn't see pictures of the Magpul version is because of their policy of not showing images of unreleased items.
    Stick