Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hi Point Carbine - Are they worth $230?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's really a shame that there isn't a greater selection of quality 9mm carbines available. The AR versions are nice, but something like a semi-auto version of the MP5 under $1000 would be great. I know Vector Arms makes a MP5 pistol for $2400 that could be converted to a SBR, but I don't want/need a good 9mm carbine to spend that much.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Knowing what we know about 9mm carbines why do you think it's a shame that there aren't more available?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    It's really a shame that there isn't a greater selection of quality 9mm carbines available. The AR versions are nice, but something like a semi-auto version of the MP5 under $1000 would be great. I know Vector Arms makes a MP5 pistol for $2400 that could be converted to a SBR, but I don't want/need a good 9mm carbine to spend that much.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Knowing what we know about 9mm carbines why do you think it's a shame that there aren't more available?
    OK, so share with me the wisdom.

Considering the HK MP5 is one of the most popular subguns in LE/military use, certainly there are civilian applications for them in SA mode just like a M4 (especially in SBR format), yes?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    OK, so share with me the wisdom.

Considering the HK MP5 is one of the most popular subguns in LE/military use, certainly there are civilian applications for them in SA mode just like a M4 (especially in SBR format), yes?
    The LE world really has backed off or abandon the MP5 years ago. Reason? The 9mm round (or any handgun caliber) isn't the best option out there.

C4

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    As mentioned above, lousy terminal effects. A short barrel 6.8 will get you great terminal effects from a small and accurate weapon platform for which there are tons of options and optics available.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    i have to agree with the majority, they are junk. the one i shot made it through the 7 rounds i put through itbut the seem down the length of the buttstock pinched my cheek every shot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The LE world really has backed off or abandon the MP5 years ago. Reason? The 9mm round (or any handgun caliber) isn't the best option out there.
    C4
    Fair enough. I'm just thinking that if one was willing to go the SBR route, a SA MP5 with a short barrel, collapsable stock and a micro RDS would make a pretty effective and highly compact home defense weapon. I have to agree that taking the 9mm and setting it up in a 16" barrel carbine seems like a solution in search of a problem.

BTW, off-topic a bit but speaking of terminal ballistics, I purchased 150 rounds of Hornady V-Max in 7.62X39 that I will be testing this weekend. My folding stock, 16" barrel AK is certainly heavier and more bulky than the SA MP5 SBR I described above, but I think there would be no doubts about its terminal ballistics performance with that load in a civilian self-defense scenario.
    Last edited by Canonshooter; 11-08-10 at 18:06. Reason: typos

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No one uses the MP5 anymore by choice except for specific niche jobs that involved needing a very quiet weapon.

For the most part PCC are a waste of time. If I want to throw 9mm bullets at someone I'll use my Glock 19, rifles should shoot real bullets.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Arrow

RE MP-5 HK does not hav a stellar reputation in the customer service area including spare parts even to LE agencies and Mil units!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456