Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Back to my climbing gear analogy. If your life is depending on it you inspect it frequently, you replace stuff as needed, you know what it's capabilities are and you will be fine.

If I was going to try El Cap would I pack out with the same stuff as I had for the Adirondacks? No. Would I brag that I could summit Cap with my "hobby climber gear"? and that my stuff was "as good as or better than" the better quality stuff? No. But it worked just fine and I trusted my life with it within the parameters I was climbing in.

Just to be clear, I have no "problem" with the rankings you guys have put together here. Not all rifles are created equal. Agreed. But I think that some of the "I wouldn't trust my life to that low tier gun" is a bit of an overstatement at times depending on who you are talking about. Hell my dept SWAT team uses...gasp...Bushmasters! Horrors!

YMMV.
    Only an overstatement until a lower tier rifle malfs while defending ones life, ann ones life is lost. Then it is an understatement.

I know of an incident with one of my former best friends (RIP) that wound up dead due to inferior parts in an AR-15 carbine that failed to chamber a round during a home intrusion. He's dead, had he gone with a better rifle he may still be dead, but his chances would have been better.

I'll always take better chances/odds than staking them up against myself due to poor/illinformed chioces.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 01-12-11 at 12:18.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...