Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
I'm three pages into it and haven't heard a single person other then myself and Grumpy talk about their rifles...
I and my limited experience with AR platform take exception to that. See page 1.

I can also say that the Colts I've shot ran much better than my bushmaster. Their reliability and smoother cycling is what ultimately got me wondering about all this chart business. I saw it before I bought my gun but was under the impression that it was mostly fitment stuff and the smooth talking salesman didn't help matters.

I think his problem and many others problem is that they can't see better steel as easily as a gov't profile barrel or what have you. The guy who sold me mine kept telling me to look at them because all the parts are the same... yadda yadda yadda. I can actually see some of the differences now.

I think I'll be keeping my bushy upper for a while as a show and tell piece for other shooters to look at, handle, and shoot. It's about as efficient as an early 90's Chevy diesel but it does run.

Also, the one thing that didn't make a bit of sense, even when I bought my BM, is why they would shave the top of the front sight base off the ORC models and leave no way to mount a front sight other than buying their flip up that is supposed to clamp to their shaved gas block. Seems like they're trying hard to create new problems to solve.