Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosting?

Feedback Score

Ghosting?

has anybody ever heard of Ghosting? i think its when you paint or color your stamping white...any ideas?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    In my opinion that is better left to air softers and those who like to have safe queens. Other than that I can't see any practical purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by OneInchPunch View Post
    has anybody ever heard of Ghosting? i think its when you paint or color your stamping white...any ideas?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    In my opinion that is better left to air softers and those who like to have safe queens. Other than that I can't see any practical purpose.
    yea, it does look kinda cool though, i like it anyway, do you know how to do it?

Feedback Score
    Use a crayon.
    It's what we used during the 90s.

Nowadays, I hear people using nail polish and all sorts of other coloring products.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i did mine using model paint and a shaved down tooth pick holds up very well. Def not for people who are in a rush. I think its a good idea for ranges that are state run so every one can see that your rifle is on safe if your bring your rile down the range to change out targets. i know a few other people who did it also and its easy to notice to see if they are on safe or not.
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score

better way

For color filling I always use an 31ga. insulin syringe (my father is insulin dependant diabetic) so I. Have acsess to 'em. For paint I have some of my high temp. Ceramic engine paint I use. Just suck it up and push on the plunger until a good steady drop wicks out...then just slowly trace the marking. Let dry and aplly another coat if needed.

Feedback Score
    i just found a video and the guy heated the surface with a hair dryer the pushed crayon into the grooves. he said its durable so i think i'll start with that since it looks the easiest to clean off (if i dont like it) thanks for all your help guys...i will post pics

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    China Pencil, modeler's paint, etc.

It's an HK look.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I can't believe that this is being discussed here.....

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

What the hell

Next you will be discussing using your little sisters' or daughter's Bedazzler and what is the best location to tacti-coolly place rhinestones on your AR.
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 08-30-10 at 09:41.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast