Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    When I attended the GPS Defense 3 Day SPR Course we also used DPMS guns and they worked without a hitch. They also had custom barrels, triggers, etc....

They also weren't being pounded as the course if designed for accurate shooting not pouring rounds down range. I have no doubt that they were probably carefully assembled as well.
    Were these guns assembled by DPMS though?

Ok, you'd be the other person I'd believe that statement from. But being that I know you, if you said it to my face, I'd also ask you if you lost your mind.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That I don't know. I do know that they were good accurate guns though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    Were these guns assembled by DPMS though?

Ok, you'd be the other person I'd believe that statement from. But being that I know you, if you said it to my face, I'd also ask you if you lost your mind.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Looks to me like he had another account earlier and then might have been banned and made another to post his eulogy.
    You Doc get a Gold Star. That has to be the same guy who was acting nasty earlier and was banned.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog282 View Post
    I was looking forward to getting a lot of positive info to help me with a simple decision. Buy or build. Now all I know is I don't give a damn about a chart or no chart. I was hoping for people input with the mistakes they made and how they defend those choices, wrong or right. You know, what forums are here for. All I ended up with was about 7 guys saying they probably would have bought something else. That helped.

But I also got a pissing match. Really? A pissing match!?!
    I don't give a damn about who likes who on the forum or who drank whatever koolaid. All my time was spent reading people insulting other people. I want opinions on cheap versus expensive because...I'm on a budget!!!! and all I learned was that, for the most part, I would be embarrassed to introduce some of you to my wife and kids. Now you should understand why some of us are stuck with the guy's at the store or the gun writers. You kids can't get over your spite for each other. You remind me of my first wife for god's sake! Thanks for making me leave this forum. Been here three weeks and it has been a total shame. It's always the same people too. Everywhere you go on this whole site! I guess my time can definitely be wasted elsewhere.

To those of you who attempted to answer this forum...thank you for your efforts and hope to see you out on the range some day.
    I understand your point and that's why I left the "chaos theory" bullshit discussion alone after a bit as it was counter to the intent of this thread and counter to the intent of the site. Understand that the person stirring that pot admitted that he was upset that he was called an "idjit" and decided to "piss in everyone's cereal" to entertain himself as a result. It's unfortunate that so many members chose to take the bait rather than just let him stew in his own piss.

I also understand your point about budget. Everyone is on a budget of some sort, no matter how rich or how poor. and sometimes those that "bought the best" are the worst kind of know-it-alls and self-righteous pricks, and often only bought the best so they could talk down to other people. These types will use the Chart for no other purpose than stoking their own egos.

However, if you're going to let one thread with one idjit starting an internet pissing match over one backhanded insult steer you away from one of the most informative sites on the AR platform and actual use thereof, then I'm not sure I understand why you're here at all.

From the sound of your post you were missing the irony and sarcasm in the thread title and were only looking to have a pre-determined opinion validated. I suspect that the sequence of events went something like this.
    1. you decided you want an AR
    2. you went to the store and saw the prices
    3. you decided that the cheapest one looked exactly like the most expensive
    4. you went online looking for someone to tell you that the cheap guns were worth every penny
    5. you got confronted with an opposite reality
    6. you saw the title of this thread and thought "aha! this is the one that will validate my opinion!"
    7. you were confronted with the same painful reality

If you really do want an AR,and you really are on a budget, look at the Spike's Tactical M4LE for $800. It is the best $800 AR on the market and it is miles better even than some $900 and $1000 ARs as well. If you actually want the best, 86 your preconceived notions and the attitude that goes with it, define your needs, use the Chart and other resources on this site to learn about the platform and the whys along with the hows, and buy the best basic carbine thatyou can find and GO SHOOT THE GUN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    You Doc get a Gold Star. That has to be the same guy who was acting nasty earlier and was banned.
    Yep, the post was way to personal to come out of left field from a new poster like that.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks

usmcvet and mac556
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It is your highly tuned law enforcement mind. I looked at his post count and it did not make sense.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL

More like bullshit meter coupled with Spidey senses. My Inspector Callahan mind isn't turned on till half a pot later.
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 11-09-10 at 15:27.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    I can see why some people will get butt hurt with this thread, and I know alot of you guys say the chart is end all and I believe it is information to help people make a more informed decision. but I am with alot of people that say why can't I have a rifle that works all the time without breaking the bank, lets face it sometimes you want a BMW but get a Buick instead, cause that is what you could afford and maybe you want a new colt but you can afford bushmaster. and I am not saying that any of the brands in this thread are the holy grail of Ar-15's. I would like to see video, or pictures, or something that shows hard proof that these are just craptastic pretty much put your money where your mouth is. lets get a plain-jane no thrills upper and just shoot the crap out of it! And then log it via you-tube, pictures, logs blah blah blah just my two cents.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnut83 View Post
    I can see why some people will get butt hurt with this thread, and I know alot of you guys say the chart is end all and I believe it is information to help people make a more informed decision. but I am with alot of people that say why can't I have a rifle that works all the time without breaking the bank, lets face it sometimes you want a BMW but get a Buick instead, cause that is what you could afford and maybe you want a new colt but you can afford bushmaster. and I am not saying that any of the brands in this thread are the holy grail of Ar-15's. I would like to see video, or pictures, or something that shows hard proof that these are just craptastic pretty much put your money where your mouth is. lets get a plain-jane no thrills upper and just shoot the crap out of it! And then log it via you-tube, pictures, logs blah blah blah just my two cents.
    The problem is, I don't see a big enough price difference to not get the better rifle. Hell, the prices places charge around here for a stock carbine Bushmaster is more expensive than what I can find a 6920 online for.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast