Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Bob

HAHAHAHA, I do so love your rants...at times. I still find it interesting that he demanded proof of a video, because that comedy act NUTNFANCY can run a camera and spout off gibberish about low end crap. If I wanted a video of Colt/DD/Noveske/BCM, I just watch one of LAV's vids or something from Magpul.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I purchased a DPMS for my son when he was 8 and when I didn't know better. Thanks to this site I know the error of my ways. When he starts to mature I will trade his plinker for a "fighting" rifle.

From what I've gathered DPMS has its role. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge here but you'll never hear me say I'd use it as a primary HD weapon, although I'm sure it would be fine.

I've built several AR's using quality parts and the peace of mind speaks louder than the words I could type.
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 11-09-10 at 19:15. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    piece of mind speaks louder than the words I could type.

This right here is the #1 reason not to skimp. Trusting your rifle to never fail you, your family, your brethren.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    HAHAHAHA, I do so love your rants...at times. I still find it interesting that he demanded proof of a video, because that comedy act NUTNFANCY can run a camera and spout off gibberish about low end crap. If I wanted a video of Colt/DD/Noveske/BCM, I just watch one of LAV's vids or something from Magpul.
    I don't need video proof, I've been watching Colts run and run and run, since 1986.

Theres a difference between a better gun and a better choice.

Sorry for the rant.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

no worries here

No problems, I have been running my dad's Colt since about 85 and my own since 90. Well the ones the military/LE supplied me with. Now my own since 04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post

You know what I really hate about this thread?

How people who've been on this forum for only a short time, and contribute very little, turn around and tell those that have been here from the beginning & have contributed immensely to the forum, how the forum should be conducted, how to act, and demand we answer every question, immediately, in the manner they want, and generally be treated as they feel they should, you know what .....F U! Don't like it leave!

Don't like the answers your receiving, quit asking the questions. Demanding video proof! really, your gonna ask for that? We got video of JFK getting shot, and we can't figure out who did it.

I've seen enough BM shit the bed, trying to get zeroed, that I know they are crap. I've talked to armorers, instructors and other SME, who've all reported the same, that's proof enough for me.

Interestingly enough, video of an individual example of one gun from one manufacture, is proof enough for you that it's "just as good as", but multiple first hand accounts of those same manufactures not running, is not good enough to prove they are crap?

I challenge you to show me, where any of the recognized subject matter experts, has declared every single gun that has rolled off any manufactures line, will never run or be reliable. Nor, have they declared the manufactures like Colt, BCM, and DD, have never let a bad gun out the door.
    Whats been said, over and over again, is that there are certain manufacturing and assembly processes, parts quality, materials, etc etc, that are more likely to produce a quality, reliable, durable weapon.
    That the odds of getting a reliable gun from certain manufactures is much much greater, then it is with others.
    There's probably more BM/DPMS/Oly/etc that run then that don't, same with Colt.
    I bet there's more of them that don't run, then that don't run from Colt, though.

"my xxxxx has been great and I run it hard" well, gimme a definition of that, and show me video proof! That sword cuts both ways, bud.

Don't like it here? I'm sure there's any number of boards that will hold your hand, coddle you, and tell you how great you are, go find it, and knock yourself out.

Bob
    coddle me? oh yeah dude I need to have my milk and my ass powdered? i am just saying not every one is going to buy a a top tier gun for their first. and more over it's going to serve them well as they won't shoot the damn thing more than twice a year and maybe put 400rds down the pipe, I hit the range, and the woods as often as I can and run my guns in a real-world scenarios, run gun moving around getting your heart rate up, would I do that with my okie-dokie Model 1? no I have learned I do it with my rifles that I build with parts I know that work! yeah I'm new forums and you may think I was born yesterday; but I have been staying up all night jack-wagon! as I said I let people buy what they want I will give my humble opinion and if they want a model 1 then let them get a model 1 and when it goes wrong and they ask for your help then help them learn, but I have had alot of friend that want a AR like my go to gun, I tell them the money I put in it and they think it's crazy to have a rifle thats pushing 2k (eotech, trigger, stocks, barrel, bolt)
    but I tell them get a lower or a BCM cause of they bang for the buck but you can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink you just have to give people the info to make a better decision, it does not mean they will listen you just have to wait for them to come to the conclusion they made a mistake. thats how I was taught, even though the guy that turned me on to black rifles tried to tell me get the colt I was like I can never afford that. ( again I was 19) but model 1 and a strip lower I could do back then. Now I know better and I will just save my pennies to buy what I really want and not whats in stock at the store.

Feedback Score

Misunderstanding and such.

I would like to apologize for the irritation shown in my post yesterday. I was not involved in a pissing match; I was disappointed in the fact that others were pissing at each other, making me feel like I was waisting my time. I am one of those people who is under the gun (please pardon the pun) and I need to make a decision on an Ar type rifle quickly for defense of my property. I do the heavy lifting when it comes to research myself but I feel that I cannot rely on the gun store pro's and weekend wanna-a-be warriors. Magazine writers have let me down as well over the years.

When it comes to handguns, no problem. I consider myself above average in their usage and I can almost tell a good one from a bad one by looking at them. It took over 40 yrs to attain that type of skill. Now I am in a situation where a pistol/revolver is not the best option. Distances preclude the use of a shotgun as well.

Hopefully you'll understand that in my position, I need the info that could save me from buying the DPMS that some call a jam-a-matic and why Oly Arms is really that bad. My experience in the handgun world is pretty much the exact opposite of what you talk about in this forum.

For example...My Oly Arms Gov't Model has well over 10,000 rounds through it and it with 6 failure to feeds due to bad ammo. My Colt Gold Cup was sent back to the factory twice and I still couldn't get that gun to group. It is now a pretty paperweight. It isn't good for anything else. I have had great success with Taurus and Para but I can't stand Springfield or Ruger. My S&W' you'll have to pry from my cold, dead hands. However, these are based on my own experiences and I'll be willing to bet that many of you out there would think I'm nuts with my choices.

So please understand why I got fed up with the personal attacks between members. When I want that I watch MSNBC (those suckers are brutal). Please feel free to tell why a particular product isn't good or why it is. I need to learn.

Again, I apologize for the tone on my last post. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Okay!! I just found this thread. What did I miss?

Feedback Score

Also

By the way, cool chart. I wouldn't use it as a bible though. More like a concordance.

Feedback Score

Question

With all the issues with what could be a good or bad AR, should a guy take the step to build his own Frankenstein rifle using the best of all components? The seems it would effectivly end the arguement about which is best. Also would allow for bypassing mil spec if needed or wanted.

Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast