Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well speaking as someone new to the forum, I can explain the frustration on some people's part. I keep seeing this and other threads in the recent posts and click to see if there is in fact a good testimonial or story about a brand "x" AR that would be interesting...

Like almost every other related post (and it seems an forum on the internet) it is just a bunch of arguing.

For those of you posting simple testimonials, thanks. There is a TON of good information on this site.

And just my opinion after being here for a while the tile of this post should just be changed to "Post that you like your crappy AR so we can tell you you are stupid"

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Frankengun

Frankengun are typically a hodge-podge of less that desirable parts slapped together by some Bubba Fudd drinking a clear liquid out of a Mason jar.

Mating a BCM upper with a DD lower or vice versa of reputable manufacturer's isn't a Frankengun but a properly built rifle using parts of excellent quality.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score

Frankengun

Bride of Frankenstein weapon then. Pick one of each of the most highly rated parts (according to the chart) and put it together. Doing research now and looks to be affordable as well as doable. The equip that you have to get, you should have anyway. Viable? It seems to kill the bad rifle arguement if you can put one together right.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

or

Go with a BCM upper for 385 + BCG =520 and then a Blem BCM lower complete for 280. Then all you need is a rear sight, MBUS 40, mags 10-15 a piece and hand guards 20-30.

All in all around 850-900ish minus ammo.

Isn't a bushy/dpms aroun 800.00?
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 11-09-10 at 20:20.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Feedback Score

Thanks.

Good call, I'll still do a bit of shopping but definite possibility. I like the idea of the seperate upper and lower purchase, get the skil and teaining I need and then move on to building stuff. I know I won't as for any opinion on 6.85 spc vs 6.5 Grendel. That would be suicide!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

check with grant at G&R

I know he had a sale on Magpul Moe full BCM rifles for under a 1000.00. There is a thread here about them.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65212

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    i built a complete daniel defense rifle with all dd parts with a total at 896. i had the m4 stock if i include that total would be 996 and thats taxs and shipping
    bcg 158
    upper 150
    lower 130
    barrel 228
    150 ezcar 7.0
    80 lpk

i really see no reason to buy anything less. its too easy to get a good quality rifle granted i did trade 3 pmags for the rear sight and front grip
    Last edited by fivefivesix; 11-09-10 at 20:32.

Feedback Score
    Did I just read that? A $1000+ Bushmaster?

I am buying a BCM lightweight middy upper this weekend, and will have a touch over $900 in it when I'm done, including BUIS.

Yeah. If you spend that for a Bushy, you screwed up big time. It's not necessarily terminal.

I love R. Moran's rant. Pissy little bitches coming on here for free advice and then getting all pussy hurt when they don't like it or don't like the way it's presented. Sorry dey got dere widdow feewings hurt...

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Looks good fivefivesix...but I wouldn't pay $100 for an m4 stock.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    [QUOTE=120mm;810268]Did I just read that? A $1000+ Bushmaster?

I am buying a BCM lightweight middy upper this weekend, and will have a touch over $900 in it when I'm done, including BUIS.

thats why i had to post my build tally

Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast