Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    Looks good fivefivesix...but I wouldn't pay $100 for an m4 stock.
    thanks bro, yeah i got hosed but i need it and it came with the buffer and re
    Last edited by fivefivesix; 11-09-10 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

1000$ bushy

If you pay that much, you need a bitch slap bad.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Well, that's not as bad then, if you got a complete stock kit.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    i just checked and it is that bad. ds arms now is selling them for 50 complete.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Jeepnut,

The info is all here on this forum. People get tired of new guys coming and demanding answer's, w/o using the search function.

There are notions on the board, that the majority of us know/believe/accept as true,non-negotiable, etc etc. That gives this forum a bad rap amongst others.
    Someone then comes in, and starts the same argument all over again, an argument that's long been laid to rest, by recognized sme's, not some schmo w/ a high post count on zombie forums.

So when posts like yours, and others in this thread and other threads continuously show up, by new guys, it get monotonous. Longtime posters get aggravated and into pissing contests, because we continuously have to rehash the same old tired arguments about "just as good as", when its been shown & proven that its not.

If someone feels that due to how he/she intends to use the gun, that a DPMS, Bushmaster, Oly arms, etc etc is a better CHOICE that's fine, and its been discussed here. But, that does not make it a better GUN.

The title of the threads, indicates posters should demonstrate that their guns of the listed manufacturers is better then anything else. The complete lack of that, should be a clue.

If you have lurked here for awhile, done alot of searching, and still have a question, no one is pissed at that, and they are more then happy to discuss it and help you out. The mere fact that this forum is up and running is proof or that.
    Come in here and your first post is "what kind of AR should I buy" or "you guys are a bunch of elitist haters, and your just buying a name" , your gonna get your feeling hurt.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post
    Jeepnut,

The info is all here on this forum. People get tired of new guys coming and demanding answer's, w/o using the search function.

There are notions on the board, that the majority of us know/believe/accept as true,non-negotiable, etc etc. That gives this forum a bad rap amongst others.
    Someone then comes in, and starts the same argument all over again, an argument that's long been laid to rest, by recognized sme's, not some schmo w/ a high post count on zombie forums.

So when posts like yours, and others in this thread and other threads continuously show up, by new guys, it get monotonous. Longtime posters get aggravated and into pissing contests, because we continuously have to rehash the same old tired arguments about "just as good as", when its been shown & proven that its not.

If someone feels that due to how he/she intends to use the gun, that a DPMS, Bushmaster, Oly arms, etc etc is a better CHOICE that's fine, and its been discussed here. But, that does not make it a better GUN.

The title of the threads, indicates posters should demonstrate that their guns of the listed manufacturers is better then anything else. The complete lack of that, should be a clue.

If you have lurked here for awhile, done alot of searching, and still have a question, no one is pissed at that, and they are more then happy to discuss it and help you out. The mere fact that this forum is up and running is proof or that.
    Come in here and your first post is "what kind of AR should I buy" or "you guys are a bunch of elitist haters, and your just buying a name" , your gonna get your feeling hurt.

Bob
    Fair enough sir. and I do agree with "what kind of ar should I buy" and I apologize for any rudeness. With deals like BCM and other high quality vender's you can build a awesome DI AR-15 for great price as long as the buyer does his homework.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    FYI- When I was in Iraq I had 500 BM's under my care and use. Another company I was helping out had DPMS carbines. So yeah you could say that I have seen them get used pretty hard. I also saw the issues as they developed. The shortcomings have been well discussed and pointed out.

Honestly I am to the point where I am going to quit telling people anything and I am going to just tell them to go for it and see what happens.

Or maybe I will start highly recommending BM, Delton, Oly, etc...and maybe it will have a reverse effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnut83 View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but something someone says is a small picture on the forums. and there are things even you don't know on the variables, as it's the internet and then you see people like nutnfancy on youtube that give hard evidence, and proof of brand X like a RRA or even the dreadful BM, and for some people all the local gun shop has is a DPMS or a BM, and I remember a just awhile ago you could not even get a black rifle and if you found one they were way over price. so as I said put your money where your mouth is! And yeah BMW does cost alot more than a Buick cause thoses are cars. but a DD M4 Carbine, v2 cost $1537.00, a Bushmaster MOE M4-Type Carbine cost $1295.00 a dpms AP4 Panther cost $949.00, a cmmg 16" M4 Carbine cost $1075.95. and yeah it's not all about cost but some people have a budget and want the most bang for the buck, maybe i'm wrong maybe you have a shot all these brands and ran them hard? I know I haven't and I know for my first AR-15 all i could afford was a DPMS lower with a model 1 sales upper and I had save every penny!(when I was 19) and you know what I shot the crap out of that gun and it worked! and as with everything there is a learning curve and I was lucky enough to have someone that was there to help me when My extractor failed, or when after I finally shot the barrel out taught me that it was time for a new BCG and told me what barrel, and explained in detail why it was important, I kept that rifle till just two years ago sold it for $700 to a friend, and it's still chugging along. maybe your luckier than some, and got the best rifle out there, good for you. as some other people have said and I agree it's pissing contest. I think people should help new AR-15 owners instead of dogging on there first black rifle, when my friend ask me whats the best rifle I can get for the money I tell them BCM if they are on a budget, I always tell them to buy a stripped lower and show them how it works and suggest what I know will work for their rifle and when they say "I don't want to spend that much on a stock!" I go okay you can always get a better stock later. I don't know what you do for your friends or people you introduce to shooting, but I would hope you would be a positive and helpful influence. in stead of saying you need top tier X period! SO why do people buy those brands cause some people don't want to break the bank for there first black rifle.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    FYI- When I was in Iraq I had 500 BM's under my care and use. Another company I was helping out had DPMS carbines. So yeah you could say that I have seen them get used pretty hard. I also saw the issues as they developed. The shortcomings have been well discussed and pointed out.

Honestly I am to the point where I am going to quit telling people anything and I am going to just tell them to go for it and see what happens.

Or maybe I will start highly recommending BM, Delton, Oly, etc...and maybe it will have a reverse effect.
    I had no clue these companies even had military contracts I thought FNH and Colt were the big suppliers of M16's and M4's. and I know double star had a deal with the Boarder patrol. Thank you for the info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had no clue these companies even had military contracts I thought FNH and Colt were the big suppliers of M16's and M4's. and I know double star had a deal with the Boarder patrol. Thank you for the info
    They don't have DOD contracts, they have contracts with private military contractors that in turn have DOD contracts.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I guess I should have specified what I meant by companies. I am a contractor not a military member.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast